The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

A role for viral infections in Parkinsons etiology

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Sidny, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Sidny

Sidny

http://www.neuronalsignaling.org/content/2/2/NS20170166

I thought this paper was fascinating and elucidates the roles HSV, Influnenza and Coxsackie B viruses may play in the disease with their affinities for nervous system tissue.

I think much of it is even applicable to ME/CFS as I believe it is somewhat of a waste basket diagnosis and upstream of many eventual neurodegenerative conditions.

Interestingly, many of my symptoms mirror those of early Parkinsons that developed following a bout of suspected meningitis/encephalitis as a result of contracting HSV and possibly Coxsackie.

DoggerFisher and Moof like this.
  2. DoggerFisher

DoggerFisher Senior Member

I can't read the paper right now but am alarmed that I now have symptoms very similar to my mother who has Parkinsons including a hand clenching thing and cramps and bladder issues and spinal issues. Not sure what to do. If I did not have ME diagnosis I feel these would be something I"'d take to GP but I know I will not be heard. They seem to try and climb out of the window as I come in the door.

Sidny likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.