• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A report about anti-glycation supps Carnosine Beta-Alanine (=methylation?)

pattismith

Carcinine is a synthetic version of Carnosine modified to avoid quick degradation in the body. Carnosine on its turn is composed of Beta-Alanine + Histidine.y!

Carcine is Beta-Alanyl-Histamine.

It can be synthetized, but is also naturally produced by an enzyme in some animals (Drosophila and Carcinus, but it was also identified in several tissues of the rat, guinea pig, mouse and human,)

It's metabolites are Alanine and Histamine.

However, ot seems an interesting compound, thanks for sharing!

NotThisGuy

Just wanted to dig this thread out again. I have no news but thought due recent CCI news this whole collagen and anti-glycation topic in this thread aged quite well.
Did you try carcinine again after your first attempt @Gondwanaland ?

Gondwanaland

Just wanted to dig this thread out again. I have no news but thought due recent CCI news this whole collagen and anti-glycation topic in this thread aged quite well.
Did you try carcinine again after your first attempt @Gondwanaland ?
Yes, I have been taking it often for stimulating 5α-reductase (to increase bile flow). I tolerate it in small amounts 2-3x weekly.

NotThisGuy

Yes, I have been taking it often for stimulating 5α-reductase (to increase bile flow). I tolerate it in small amounts 2-3x weekly.
oh interesting.
How much is small amounts? when you started this thread you took 10mg daily and had massive improvements. How is it now compared to back then?
Just asking because lots of times when I do very well on a supplement it just stops working after couple months.
Usually im overall still better off than without it but still...

Gondwanaland

@NotThisGuy indeed the results I am having now are very different from back then because when I first tried Glycoxil I was taking digestive enzymes, and now I realize that many of those effects were from the combo.
I am still very cautious with this supplement because it burns fats and phenols and drastically lowers my fatty vitamins and hormones and raises DHT (all confirmed by lab results) which I do not want. All of this is result from increased 5α-reductase activity (increased bile flow = improved fat digestion).

I have capsules of 50mg Glycoxil with Taurine as excipient ( @Asklipia :thumbsup: ), which I open up and take it divided in 4 doses of ca. 12mg. Interestingly I notice a full effect from the 1st 1/4 dose only, indicating that it somewhat oxidizes from opening the capsule.

Asklipia

@NotThisGuy

I have capsules of 50mg Glycoxil with Taurine as excipient ( @Asklipia :thumbsup: ), which I open up and take it divided in 4 doses of ca. 12mg. Interestingly I notice a full effect from the 1st 1/4 dose only, indicating that it somewhat oxidizes from opening the capsule.

Maybe it is the Taurine creating the problem? I opened the Glycoxil capsules and made them into four and they all seem to work in the same way.:nerd:

Gondwanaland

Maybe it is the Taurine creating the problem? I opened the Glycoxil capsules and made them into four and they all seem to work in the same way.:nerd:
Now that you mentioned it, I think that you are right, because last year I had another excipient and all divided doses worked equally o_O

xploit316

Yes, nowadays I take it only every 2 weeks or so to clear brainfog since it is great for clearing sulfites and salicylates/phenols

Thank you. Would Benfotiamine or Carnosine provide similar anti glycation benefits? Its very hard to find carcinine online.

Gondwanaland

Thank you. Would Benfotiamine or Carnosine provide similar anti glycation benefits? Its very hard to find carcinine online.
Unfortunately Carnosine is readily dissociated in the body into Beta-Alanine and Histidine. Benfotiamine has its own benefits, which are not the same.