• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Proposed Classification of the Immunological Diseases (2006)

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
A Proposed Classification of the Immunological Diseases (2006)

I found this article interesting since it questions the old autoimmunity paradigm (T cell autoimmunity - the success of Rituximab for RA made researchers rethink the association with T cell autoimmunity for that disease). There is no abstract, but you should read it if you are interested in this topic.

http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pmed.0030297

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
interesting article, as nk cells are a t-cell and are abnormal in function in me/cfs and recently bond uni have found abnormalities in cd8 t cells in their me/cfs study. I cant wait for the bond uni study to publish their full finding as they were also studying t-cells and cytokines, not just nk function. I think this sort of stuff is a big part of what is wrong with most of us.

cheers!!!

alex3619

Hi, funny thing about this paper, I have been interested in the topic since 1993, although back then the primary focus was eicosanoid inflammatory responses. My prevailing model on CFS was of this type for over a decade. Its nice to see this paper. Bye, Alex

Lynne B

Hi, Snow Leopard,

Okay, so far, us Australians are all interested! I can't pretend my level of understanding does this paper justice, but it does seem very promisingnot just for our condition but for quite a few others as well. I wonder if this team has done anything further on the topic? Like you, heapsreal, I'm hanging out for the Bond Uni papers, and good on you, Alex, for following the idea since 1993. My husband was down with some unknown thing by then but I didn't get ME/CFS until 1996, when we both got it together. cheers, Lynne