• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'A postmodernist theory of medicine: "CFS/ME" and the PACE trials' (by Mary Schweitzer) (Dec 13)

Perhaps this is why so much bps research is so dodgy. I'm not sure they think data is all that important. It's just data. Let's talk about the perspective.
Interesting idea, @sarah darwins. Thanks for filling me in (I just recently read the Sokal spoof - its great, isn't it?).

I remember another commenter after Davey Smith's talk (could have been Sharpe or White), who simply said that he "believed" in the BPS approach and that they wouldn't have made it their career otherwise. I though this an odd defence in science, but perhaps now its starting to make sense.

worldbackwards

Not on ME, but reminded me of this thread with fondness.
CZPbWVpWcAAvtpv.png