• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A new do-it-yourself, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, MITOQ trial

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Mary , I'm also still waiting for the 50% discount code, even though I emailed them three times now.
They were quick to respond telling me that all the free places were taken up, guess they are not so interested in others taking part off their own backs.
Maybe that the info they gain through this would be considered unreliable as it would not involve the blind placebo aspect.
For anyone that didn't read the info on the trial, it would involve them sending you two bottles marked A an B or was it 1 and 2 (dam brain) anyhow one would have placebo and other Mitoq. So then they would only know what was in what. So then anyone that was paying would get just the supplement, therefor any results could be blamed on placebo affect.
I'm really not up to date on trials that are done remotely over the internet, is this how they usually work?

Yeah, I noticed how quickly they responded - immediately actually - when I first contacted them. I would not be surprised if we don't hear from them again. I don't know why it should take so long to send a coupon - oh well, will not hold my breath --

whodathunkit

blagging free stuff
"Blagging". :thumbsup: Luv it when I get new words to add to my vocabulary. Thanks, Farley! :D

FWIW, I've never had much problem with stuff bought over the internet and in fact have done myself a lot of good, economically as well as healthwise. I do think it's unwise to buy bulk powders from sites like alibaba or from China, etc., but in the main if you buy reputable brand supps from reputable retailers like iherb or Vitacost, you're going to be okay. If that helps you.

I've been my own guinea pig for years. Dunno where I'd be if I hadn't been willing to step out of the conventional and experiment a bit. There have been a few fails along the way, but overall it's done me a lot of good. YMMV.

ahmo

I've also received 2 responses telling me to send me ID number to receive coupon for discount. I had trouble registering, so maybe I registered twice, so 2 responses. I've been hoping it was slow due to the weekend, but it's no longer the weekend anywhere.

I had a hard time registering from my tablet, had to use a PC as I couldn't click confirm link in the email.
looks like it was a waste of time anyway, I would chase it up some more if I had the brain power.
Well nothing ventured nothing gained.
Still want to try it if I can find it at a good price.