• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A long-standing friend and member of PR has died through lack of medical support

Gingergrrl

@bertiedog and @Gingergrrl You make me blush! Thank you for your kind words, especially today. ( It is the anniversary of my mum's (very recent) death today, so it is a sad time for me. My last close relative (my aunt) who lived next door has also very recently died ..........while she and I were having a conversation. Suddenly in mid sentence. Big shock! Now my long-time friend has gone. I seem to be packing in far too many funerals and I do wish my friend hadn't done this. Hard times.

Wow, I had no idea that today was the anniversary of your mom's death or about your aunt. I am so sorry you have had so many recent losses prior to your friend. Please take extra good care of yourself today and sending good wishes and prayers your way.

Countrygirl

Update.

Just to let you know that the statement is now in the hands of the coroner. The police, however, wanted a second statement which was useful as their questioning over a two-hour period enabled me to recall relevant information that I had omitted in the written document.

I may be called as a witness apparently and transport will be arranged for me......thank goodness. Am now waiting for the date of the hearing.

Jan

Update.

Just to let you know that the statement is now in the hands of the coroner. The police, however, wanted a second statement which was useful as their questioning over a two-hour period enabled me to recall relevant information that I had omitted in the written document.

I may be called as a witness apparently and transport will be arranged for me......thank goodness. Am now waiting for the date of the hearing.

I am so very sorry you have lost your dear friend, especially in such tragic circumstances. You have done incredibly well coping with all of this, I hope you have people to help support you through it :hug::hug:

Countrygirl

It is good to hear that the police are interested and that you will be able to present the additional information in court. It is also good to hear that they take your condition seriously enough to provide transport. Our thought are with you as you go through this. :bouquet:

Thank you @Little Bluestem

The police woman was okay with ME as she said she had had a college friend with ME; however, when she had finished reading my report, she expressed surprise to learn that it wasn't a psychiatric illness.

Whether my statement has much sway will depend on the lady-doctor coroner, of course. She is a fierce woman I hear with determined views. She might not accept ME or Lyme.

I will report back when I have more news.

If y
Hi @Gingergrrl

I just wonder if we could put our heads together and write a concise account of the generalised background to this illness and the negligence (and abuse in some cases) that we experience. I am thinking that it needs a brief account of the history of the illness in order to set it in context. There is so much I could write that I wouldn't know where to stop.

I have another document to finish today, and I must get that done during the next few hours.

Tomorrow I must discover the date of the Coroner's hearing. Everywhere is closed today.
if you want to get your say in I think you need to contact the pathologist directly
not that they will do much.
I tried to ask the pathologist to take a blood sample from my husband's body.
But they took no notice.
I got Lyme in 2005 and had myself tested using a total of 3 different labs.
+ my cats all positive my husband refused to get tested.
He was not going to spend the money.
He didn't have any antibiotics.

I just suffered a heart/stroke problems over the weekend due to the Lyme infection my GP said he is not going to give me anymore antibiotics.

Because the NHS does not recognise my tests.
I attended a meeting last year in the parliament where it said the lab was closed at Southampton Hospital.
The manager Dr O'Connell was given early retirement.
The Mod/DSTL reopened the lab at Porton Down. They automated it.

FOI said the test was 41% accurate according to the manufactures.
The government said it was 90% accurate.

Chris Packham on UTub.com
with Prof wall and a vet dermatologists.
Saying there's no national servay
on Tick populations.

All they said was they were wide spread in town and countryside.

I suspect they are on most tree's
Cause where I used to live I'be move several times. In the last 10 years I bitten every 3 or 4 days.

I had some sort of stroke over the weekend. No ones gong to give me any antibiotics IV..

My GP says I can continue to pay for treatment. I can't afford in patient treatment.
The NHS seem to ignore the fact their lab was wrong.
I am then given NICE.
But does don't have to apply NICE standards.

Countrygirl

@Humanrights

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, Human rights, but I 'm afraid it is a situation that is all too common.

How are you after your stroke/cardiac episode? Do you have a diagnosis? I am in the same boat, but have decided it is hopeless expecting much in the way of help from the NHS. We are basically on our own. I do hope you can rest and recover.

All the best