• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A discussion on yasko forum about documentation of success stories

Violeta

Chiropractor as vaccine expert? Oh please.
The editors favourite writers are Tim O’Shea DC and Neil Miller, they keep their information up to date, and Tim covers disease theory which is an important part of vaccination deconstruction (his DVDs are great also).
May I ask what are your credentials? Besides saying "oh please" in a mind control sort of way, what makes you right and the other side wrong? No one is "oh pleasing" you.

Last edited:

pspa123

I did not mean to offend. As for the basis of my viewpoint, I have an autistic adult son and I have studied the vaccine issue extensively. See the research, from real scientists, from the Autism Science Foundation, that is linked above, that over and over and over again has failed to find any connection. Read for yourself how Andrew Wakefield, the big proponent of the MMR vaccine theory, was completely discredited as a fraud. Read the analyses on sciencebasedmedicine.org. I'll take that over some chiropractor any day. More generally, as someone who has been subjected over the years to massive healthcare fraud getting me to spend money on so-called biomed treatments that proved worthless, I am just a little skeptical of all the BS and conspiracy theories on autism.

Violeta

I have done some reading, too. A lot of us here have. That "chiropractor" obviously has done some reading. I personally know someone who has a son that stopped talking after a vaccine and then recovered using detoxification of metals and pathogens. Keep reading, Wakefield has been vindicated.

BTW, the oh please is very condescending.

pspa123

I have done some reading, too. A lot of us here have. That "chiropractor" obviously has done some reading. I personally know someone who has a son that stopped talking after a vaccine and then recovered using detoxification of metals and pathogens. Keep reading, Wakefield has been vindicated.

BTW, the oh please is very condescending.
Please post a link to a reputable source showing that Wakefield has been vindicated. And there are anecdotes and testimonials, as I am sure you know, that support virtually any proposition in the area of healthcare. The internet is full of hundreds of thousands of them. Heck you can find people claiming they were miraculously cured by drinking a special kind of water, or by having their biofields aligned by little droplets of energized water, whatever that is, or by photons. That is not, to my mind, science. My anecdote is that my son, who has no speech, has not been helped by any of the biomed stuff and I am out countless money because of it, not to mention the emotional investment and god only knows the harm it may have done him. I won't condemn everyone with the same broad brush, but there is a massive industry of fraudsters claiming they can cure autism when they can't.

Last edited:

Violeta

Please post a link to a reputable source showing that Wakefield has been vindicated. And there are anecdotes and testimonials, as I am sure you know, that support virtually any proposition in the area of healthcare. The internet is full of hundreds of thousands of them. That is not, to my mind, science. My anecdote is that my son, who has no speech, has not been helped by any of the biomed stuff and I am out countless money because of it, not to mention the emotional investment and god only knows the harm it may have done him. I won't condemn everyone with the same broad brush, but there is a massive industry of fraudsters claiming they can cure autism when they can't.
Sorry, I have to go to work. If you are truly interested you can probably find it by googling it.

Violeta

I doubt it, because I doubt it exists, but I am always open to reading legitimate science. Have a nice day.
Just a thought, are you not judging the validity of possible alternative treatment for autism by your one and only experiment with your son?

pspa123

It is difficult to judge one's own biases, of course, but I would say I don't think so because I have read extensively on all sides of the issues and have been pretty scrupulous about not self-selecting things that would support an a priori point of view. I don't doubt there are people who have been helped, but the problem for me and people who have analyzed these things scientifically is that that is true of almost anything, even treatments most people would see as utterly absurd. It can be very hard to sort out. I mean, look for example at a book called something like Cutting Edge Treatments for Autism. They discuss what must be 20 different things, including of all things bleach. Particularly where money is involved, I have a high level of mistrust, and believe me, money is involved. And yes, I know that that is not exclusive to alternative medicine.

I suppose I should add just for the sake of full disclosure that my own personal experiences with alternative medicine have been very unsatisfactory and expensive. So I have two anecdotal sources, not just one.

pspa123

I should also add that based on reading some of the online groups, my experience with my son is shared by countless families who spent massive amounts of time and money on alternative treatments that did not work, and in some cases did harm. So my experience is hardly unique, although I recognize it may not be universal.

Let me give you an example of what I am up against. There is a doctor in NY, who I wasted $1000 on for myself, who claims to be able to cure autism using sublingual drops which contain the imprinted energetic signatures of toxins and organs. These drops must be taken in a very specific sequence during a time when the patient must avoid all electromagnetic fields. These drops rid the body of toxins and restore it to homeostasis. I am not making this up. And there are dozens like him with similar woo. I have been promised, for example, that by taking a supplement that was recently developed by a PhD biochemist, my son who had not spoken in 20 years would be speaking within two weeks. The supplement allegedly would cure him of "neuroinflammation." Guess what happened? Do you think I got my money back?

Last edited:

IreneF

I should also add that based on reading some of the online groups, my experience with my son is shared by countless families who spent massive amounts of time and money on alternative treatments that did not work, and in some cases did harm. So my experience is hardly unique, although I recognize it may not be universal.

Let me give you an example of what I am up against. There is a doctor in NY, who I wasted $1000 on for myself, who claims to be able to cure autism using sublingual drops which contain the imprinted energetic signatures of toxins and organs. These drops must be taken in a very specific sequence during a time when the patient must avoid all electromagnetic fields. These drops rid the body of toxins and restore it to homeostasis. I am not making this up. And there are dozens like him with similar woo. I have been promised, for example, that by taking a supplement that was recently developed by a PhD biochemist, my son who had not spoken in 20 years would be speaking within two weeks. The supplement allegedly would cure him of "neuroinflammation." Guess what happened? Do you think I got my money back?
I feel really bad when people get scammed by unethical practitioners, and doubly bad when people get scammed when they try and help their children. Some of these "cures" sound harmful, such as bleach.

I hope you reported these scumbags to the medical board or consumer protection bureau in your state.

pspa123

Irene, I tried, but the bottom line is that nobody cares. Either I was completely ignored, or received essentially form responses saying doctors are entitled to use their discretion. Even if that includes drops imprinted with the energetic signatures of toxins, the State of New York blew me off after I reported that one. It's a disgrace, truly. I have fared no better reporting obvious frauds in internet advertising. Not a priority it seems. The world of so-called alt med is truly unregulated. I bet in ten minutes I could find a hundred sites, some of people with MDs, promising to cure what ails us through principles of quantum physics. Of course they would all use that terms differently, but no matter.

pspa123

Here is a list of the "services" offered by one such MD. Photons, anyone?

CVAC
ACG - Nutritional Cardiograph
Advanced Diagnosis
ASYRA Testing
Allergy Testing
Anodyne
BioPuncture (Microdose Biomodulation)
Blood Vessel Elasticity (DPA)
Body Impedance Assessment (BIA)
Breast Thermography
Electro Interstitial Scan (EIS)
EPT
Food Testing
Free Radical Assessment (ODT)
Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
JMT
Low Level Lasers (LLLT)
Metabolic Tests
Neural Therapy
NeuroEmotional Release
Nutritional Counselling
Photon Directed Action (PDA)
Physical Therapy
Toxic Ionic Metals (IMT)
UltraLite Weight Loss
Meridian Energy Assessment (MEA)
Activated Oxygen
Inhaled Ionized Oxygen (IIOT)
Lasers - Class IV Therapeutic
Microdose Bio-Modulation
Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields
UVBI
ROS - Revelar
Ozonotherapy
Prolozone
clearpixel.gif

pspa123

Dr. Klinghardt, of course, claims he can cure autism. Well, here is a post by a gentleman who went to see him for Lyme. Some of the "tests" he was given, as well as the endless list of recommendations, are (to me anyhow) astonishing and seem like pure quackery. E.g.

"My first consultation was with Dr. Dahlgren (N.D) who took my patient history and performed an extensive session of Autonomic Response Testing (A.R.T). A.R.T is an energetic testing system created by Dr. K that is similar to Applied Kinesiology but specifically focuses on the Autonomic Nervous System and uniquely incorporates the dynamics of the human bio-photon field (or light body)."

"He utilised Applied Psycho Neurobiology (another of Dr. K’s "systems) to identify and treat on the spot some of the emotional traumas that may have contributed to my condition." (MY NOTE -- I DID NOT KNOW EMOTIONAL TRAUMA COULD BE TREATED ON THE SPOT.)

Anyhow, the guy spent tens of thousands, and he concludes after nine months that he feels no different. Big surprise.

http://www.cfsrecoverypath.com/tool...th-dr-klinghardt-the-sophia-health-institute/

pspa123

I feel really bad when people get scammed by unethical practitioners, and doubly bad when people get scammed when they try and help their children. Some of these "cures" sound harmful, such as bleach.

I hope you reported these scumbags to the medical board or consumer protection bureau in your state.
Bleach: and yes, people really do give their kids bleach enemas.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/qua...its-poison-where-is-the-sea-of-dead-children/

To flush out those vaccines, don't you know.
http://www.alternet.org/personal-he...hing-out-vaccines-bogus-miracle-bleach-enemas

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/05/25/selling-bleach-as-a-cure-for-autism/

Yes, there are horrible side effects, but they are good don't you know? Just proof the cure is working.

http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/20...tism-with-bleach-brought-to-you-by-autismone/

Last edited: