• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$5000 on Offer for Australian Charity!!!!

Googsta

Doing Well

http://www.3aw.com.au/comp-cfs

How would you like your favourite charity to receive a $5,000 donation?
Colonial First State, Australia’s largest fund manager, is once again giving away
$5,000 to a charity in need.
Nominate a charity close to your heart by completing the form below.
The charity with the most nominations will receive $5,000 to continue its generous work. So get your friends and family involved too.
And you could win $500 just for entering!
Thanks to

Colonial First State
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY 1. The nominated Charity must be an organisation that is eligible to receive tax deductible gifts (DGR status endorsed by the Australian Tax office).​
2. To check the DGR status of the charity you are nominating click here
3. The nominated charity can be located anywhere in Australia. Nominations must be made via 3AW, 2UE or 4BH.​
4. You must be over 18 years of age.​
5. The promotion commences on Monday 7 May 2012 and will close on Tuesday 22 May 2012.​
6. The charity with the most nominations will receive a $5,000 donation from Colonial First State.​
7. The people who nominated the selected charity will go into a draw for the $500 thank you. Only one winner will be selected to receive the prize. Draw will take place on Thursday 24 May 2012 and will be announced on Friday 25 May 2012.​
8. The decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final.​

People nominating need to list the state they live in.
ME/CFS Society of Australia won in March so I'm not sure if they can be nominated again. (or was it just the Vic, Tas, NT group?) I forget.

If someone has any suggestions for another charity I'd really appreciate it. The sooner we can decide on one the sooner I can bug everyone to nominate it :p.

Colonial & 3AW are running this every month so maybe we should think of a few & decided which month to vote for them?

taniaaust1

crap.. too late really to start voting now as "
5. The promotion commences on Monday 7 May 2012 and will close on Tuesday 22 May 2012."​
I really suggest that Alison Hunter Memorial Foundation is focused on next time competition starts as they fund many good studies and also have helped Australia wide with ME/CFS education at times by bringing world experts etc over to Australia to give lectures to doctors and the general public in various states. If individual states were focused on.. i think it would be less likely to get as many votes as people would want to vote for their own state society.​
We could all write to our state societies next time the competition comes up and ask if they could tell people to vote for alison hunter foundation for an aussie wide effort.​

Googsta

Doing Well
I think there is still time, last time when Vic/Tas won it was short notice. If we could decided to do Alison Hunter Foundation maybe people who are on other forums could post it there too.

I sent links to the competition to all my family & friends, they don't give me any support but they all voted lol!

I have no problem voting for other states, plus my state has already won, I think you can only win once from the email I got. And even if it doesn't win this month we can try again next month ;) .

Googsta

Doing Well
My apologies, they are requesting nominations be made to the radio station in your state -

2UE if you are in Sydney: http://www.2ue.com.au/comp-cfs
3AW if you are in Melbourne: http://www.3aw.com.au/comp-cfs
4BH if you are in Brisbane: http://www.4bh.com.au/comp-cfs
"If you don't live in these cities, please nominate with the radio station closest to your location.

Simply fill out the online form with your details and the name of your nominated charity. If your charity receives the most nominations, you'll go into a draw to receive $500 as a thank you for caring for our community.

Then be sure to listen to the radio station to find out if your nominated charity is selected. It's that simple. So go on – give a good cause a helping hand today.

The charities that received donations in February were:

• The Developing Foundation
  • ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Organisation
  • Australian Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (AMDF)
If you don't live in these cities, please nominate with the radio station closest to your location."

Googsta

Doing Well
I thought this might help those of you who are struggling, it's the email I send friends & family. If you use it make sure you link the correct radio station.

"Hi Guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to nominate a charity in February, they won $5000!! Remember there is $500 up for grabs for you too!

I know you are all very busy or unwell yourself so if you don't have time/energy don't feel bad! But I have to ask!

If you do fantastic! If you know anyone else who has time please ask them too. Every vote counts to help people who are suffering.
The money goes to charities that receive little or no government support.

This time we have to nominate a different charity & we have decided on -

The Alison Hunter Memorial Foundation Limited.
Please go to 3AW to vote: http://www.3aw.com.au/comp-cfs

If you would like to know more about Alison Hunter: http://www.ahmf.org/aboutus.html

Alison died in 1996, aged 19, from complications arising from ME/CFS which included seizures, paralysis, gastrointestinal paresis and overwhelming infection. "

frenchtulip

I am so sorry I did not see this. I would have posted it on the Fundraising page on Facebook. I sure hope there were lots of nominations for one of the two organizations.

Googsta

Doing Well
Tulip, this competition runs every month - would you be willing to post it on FB each month? it runs for about two weeks of the month, as soon as it starts again I'll post it here.

frenchtulip

Oh, that's terrific! Yes, I'll do my best to check back for your posts. And then I'll post on FB. Thank you for letting me know it runs monthly.