• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

34 year-old ME sufferer found dead

Countrygirl

I don't know the details yet, but Joan has just heard that one the members of her NI group has been found dead. He had been complaining of increasing weakness, and fell, banging his head on a hard surface in his home.

Yet another tragic and unnecessary death of a young person.

And we still have PACE!!! :(

Countrygirl

Again what will it take to get the right care.

More than death, obviously.

There have been so many deaths recently (I have just been sent a suicide note this afternoon from another patient who died a few days ago.........just heartbreaking!) and I think there is only one term for it: murder by wilful ignorance by the medical profession. Shame on them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
A lot of fighters leaving us lately.. So very sad

perrier

More than death, obviously.

There have been so many deaths recently (I have just been sent a suicide note this afternoon from another patient who died a few days ago.........just heartbreaking!) and I think there is only one term for it: murder by wilful ignorance by the medical profession. Shame on them!
Dear Countrygirl,
You said it perfectly: murder by wilful ignorance by the medical profession. I add in the govts too.