• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andMe test on sale 12/11/12

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Hi.

Has anyone thought of making a website with results from this test? Maybe its possible to do this and draw a bar chart or some other form of visual data to show people the results?

We could have CFS Fukuda, CFS Canadian and ME then compare the results to see if there is a difference, genetically.

I ordered a kit. I'm pretty good with data. I'm not sure how much Raw data you get from this, but would be happy to have people upload there stuff to a Google Doc and let me work my magic on it.

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Hi Paul, thanks for the information and offer of help, it is most appreciated.

I'll save up some money and order a kit too and hopefully we can all continue this exciting avenue of research by sharing our test results together.

Gamboa

Hi.

Has anyone thought of making a website with results from this test? Maybe its possible to do this and draw a bar chart or some other form of visual data to show people the results?

We could have CFS Fukuda, CFS Canadian and ME then compare the results to see if there is a difference, genetically.
I believe there is someone already working on this. Check out this thread started by Gestalt.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ndme-yasko-methylation-genetic-results.18309/

I ordered a kit last week and sent my specimen off yesterday. I've been sick so long that another month, two months isn't going to make much of a difference. Plus, from the sounds of it, it will take a long time to actually decipher what the results actually mean. I need to now spend the next few weeks researching it all to get ready for my results!

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
That is SPEEDY. It took more than 2 months to get my Yasko results back. And of course then it took another six months, if not longer, to figure them out, even with help.
It took OVER 3 months to get my Dad's results back from holisticheal (YAsko), even though I emailed them repeatedly to say that he was in hospital and time was of the essence. He died 2 days before the results came back.