• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme question

taniaaust1

get your raw DNA data from 23andme and then from there it can be easily run this through one of the online programs eg genetic genie https://geneticgenie.org/methylation-analysis/ which will tell a person things like if you have MTHFR mutation eg C677T and other methylation issues. Genetic genie is free and also can give you a free report on your detox genes too.

There are also other programs at other websites which for a small fee can use your 23andME raw data to give reports on other things eg immune issues etc

Eeyore

If you want some deep information from 23andme, there is promethease, but I'll warn you up front you'll find lots of scary things (everyone does). It's a no-holds-barred approach to SNP interpretation. Some people feel it's better to not know, but I'm not one of those people. (I'm more like Pandora with a closed box. =P )

I think there may be many things in your genetic code more interesting / relevant to ME than the methylation cycle - but if you just want methylation info then do what taniaaust1 suggested.

Another fun / interesting site is interpretome (produced at Stanford). It has a lot of cool stuff you can do with your raw data, including a longevity predictor (of highly questionable accuracy!), a predictor of diabetes risk, and other fun stuff that isn't scary at all (how neanderthal are you, are your genes mostly in positive or negative selection, etc). Also gives some info about how you might react to drugs. It can also impute some SNPs.