• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme & Chronic insomnia and family history of psychiatric/CNS disorders

drob31

I did take fina at one point about 8 years ago, but it never caused any of those symptoms. The events that caused my issues began about 1 year ago.

stress?

my crash happened one year after finasteride, with stressfull events. but i wasn't feeling normal after finasteride, i wasn't feeling 100%. i was slightly anxious.
I did find a few people with the same issue, tried finasteride, let it go, and then crashed several months to maybe a couple years later

Look at the readings of this guy:
running_man-> THE proof that finasteride is SHIT and fucks us up good -> TSH: while on fin: 2.3,2.3 no sides. started getting sides, tested: 2.9. quit, and 3 years after quitting: 5.2;4.22;5.7. -> Hypo

Does anyone know if insteas of doing the dna parasitology and fungals tests and spending a bunch of mpney, if i can just take a course of medication?

drob31

Does anyone know if insteas of doing the dna parasitology and fungals tests and spending a bunch of mpney, if i can just take a course of medication?

That would be treating it empirically, but I don't really agree with this since the medication you could use could make things worse.

I have new blood exams to do... and tomorrow i will get some more, because ill be going to another endo/andrologist as well

11-Desoxicortisol
Cortisol Serum
DHEA
Pregnenolone
Progesterone Serum
ACTH basal
Saliva Cortisol at night
Cortisol Serum for Dexa suppression test
24hr cortisol
TSH again...

i'm sure my cortisol is low, so I want to ask you what can I take to lift it up? I don't want hydrocortisone or synthetic hormones for the moment.

I can't find Isocort in europe...but I also think it may be too strong... which types of extracts are there, are they useful, and where to get them in europe?

drob31

I have new blood exams to do... and tomorrow i will get some more, because ill be going to another endo/andrologist as well

11-Desoxicortisol
Cortisol Serum
DHEA
Pregnenolone
Progesterone Serum
ACTH basal
Saliva Cortisol at night
Cortisol Serum for Dexa suppression test
24hr cortisol
TSH again...

i'm sure my cortisol is low, so I want to ask you what can I take to lift it up? I don't want hydrocortisone or synthetic hormones for the moment.

I can't find Isocort in europe...but I also think it may be too strong... which types of extracts are there, are they useful, and where to get them in europe?

Licorice root will do it, as will a low carb diet or fasting.

From my experience t3 over time will eventually boost cortisol as well, however I went from low to high.

Last edited:
http://propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10360

I have possibly found the most interesting study on PFS

these guys in birmimgham they documented a case of PFS kind of by chance...while researching another drug with a similar method of action to finasteride.

turns out that even 2 years after the drug mitotane was taken, 5AR and CYP3A4 activity did not go back to baseline levels! THIS IS HUGE!!!! I already posted it everywhere

drob31

http://propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10360

I have possibly found the most interesting study on PFS

these guys in birmimgham they documented a case of PFS kind of by chance...while researching another drug with a similar method of action to finasteride.

turns out that even 2 years after the drug mitotane was taken, 5AR and CYP3A4 activity did not go back to baseline levels! THIS IS HUGE!!!! I already posted it everywhere

That either suggests that causes damage or that the half life is much longer. Also, I guess it could cause some sort of negative feedback loop.

Have you had your DHT levels checked?

drob31

By the way, all my autoimmine stuff is coming back negative.

I'm back to hpa-axis dysfunction, and the resulting neurotransmitter deficiency.

By the way, all my autoimmine stuff is coming back negative.

I'm back to hpa-axis dysfunction, and the resulting neurotransmitter deficiency.
I actually think thats a good news..?
The half life of this drug varies too much, from 15 days to 180 days!
I also thought that could explain stuff

That being said, i dont think this study is irrelevant and in going to search thus cyp enzymes route.

Have you checked if you have malabsorption of food?

drob31

I actually think thats a good news..?
The half life of this drug varies too much, from 15 days to 180 days!
I also thought that could explain stuff

That being said, i dont think this study is irrelevant and in going to search thus cyp enzymes route.

Have you checked if you have malabsorption of food?

I'm not sure how to check that, any ideas?

I dont know. But the idea came to me because there is someone who did a hair analysis and he was lacking a lot of stuff. Took it to a friend who is a doctor and he told him thatbwas almost impossible to happen in a normal person.

Then i found a guy stating he felt so much better after takibg acids with each meal. He claimed his stomach acid didnt have ph acid enoigh to digest food.

I also found another guy talking about how finasteride changes bile synthesis.

And now after this study, i searched, and found that cyp3a4 is actually involved/responsible for bile synthesis.

So theres.that...

drob31

I dont know. But the idea came to me because there is someone who did a hair analysis and he was lacking a lot of stuff. Took it to a friend who is a doctor and he told him thatbwas almost impossible to happen in a normal person.

Then i found a guy stating he felt so much better after takibg acids with each meal. He claimed his stomach acid didnt have ph acid enoigh to digest food.

I also found another guy talking about how finasteride changes bile synthesis.

And now after this study, i searched, and found that cyp3a4 is actually involved/responsible for bile synthesis.

So theres.that...

I've heard of low stomach acid issues, and I have digestive enzymes and Betaine HCL.

drob31

Do you have liver function tests done?
What is your bilirubin level?
And the other things...

Yeah, the liver tests that are done on the CBC w/ diff, as well a few others.

AST and ALT are normal, teens and low 20's. GGT was low, and ammonia is low.

Yeah, the liver tests that are done on the CBC w/ diff, as well a few others.

AST and ALT are normal, teens and low 20's. GGT was low, and ammonia is low.

cool, but what about bilirubin?

i theorized a pattern based on a problem with glucorinidation and found already 1 person which fits the pattern in propeciahelp. Actually the only person i checked until now! so 100% score :)

I expect that briliant score to lower a lot in the coming days lol

drob31

cool, but what about bilirubin?

i theorized a pattern based on a problem with glucorinidation and found already 1 person which fits the pattern in propeciahelp. Actually the only person i checked until now! so 100% score :)

I expect that briliant score to lower a lot in the coming days lol

Bilirubin is normal:

0.4 reference 0.0 - 1.2

I just got my gene's back from the self hacked guy, and there are some interesting one's that popped up, like the histamine gene:

rs10156191 <--- I'm homozygous for this.

Bilirubin is normal:

0.4 reference 0.0 - 1.2

I just got my gene's back from the self hacked guy, and there are some interesting one's that popped up, like the histamine gene:

That is super interesting! Keep me updated on that. Do you know the risk allele?
Ill also check it on my side.

On another note, i think im onto something on my theory on finasteride as i have been abke to connect it to another guys theory which may be upstream from mine.....i will post mine and his theory here when im done, today or tomorrow. He theorised it may be some kibd og metabolic disorder..and i just found a guy as well saying that the researchers are also theorizing a metabolic disorder in the brain...

I feel all the dots connecting lately

Bilirubin is normal:

0.4 reference 0.0 - 1.2

Also, could you give me the link for that? I dont know self hacked guy