• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme & Chronic insomnia and family history of psychiatric/CNS disorders

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
Ok so i have already half my exams prescribed. Next week i will be doing exams again.

This time i will focus on:
- liver
- kidney
- vitamins 25OHd3 and 1,25 DOH d3, vitamin a and b9,b12,methylb9,methyl/adenosyl b12
- sam-e, sah, homocisteien, cisteine, taurine, ammonia, sulfites, sulfates, creatine, adenosine, methionine, bh4
- methylmalonic acid
- glutatione reduced and oxidizeds well
- bilirubin,bilirubin conjugated
- immuno globulins
- thyroid binding globulin
- parathyroid hormone
- calcium, fosfate
- alkaline phosphatase, phosphorus organic
- magnesium
- insulin tolerance test.

@xptriado Did you ever get the insulin tolerance test? I would love to know your experience.

@EMilo i didnt get the test. i figured the chance i had something wrong there was very slim and i didnt pursue this avenue any further. my exams didnt point me in this direction

im coming here to say somethingpositive, i'm much better than i was when I originally posted this.

I followed some recomnedations form jack kruse and I got good improvements from it. i am still going to try other things like nicotine patch and methylene blue, possibly.

i tried countless medications.

I settled for the moment on the following, which I take at least once a week to recover sleep, thus helping break anxiety cycle.

Oxazepam 7.5mg
Alprazolam 0.25mg
Melatonin

The synergy works great for me. The oxazepam is really great because of its delayed peak time of 4 hours... melatonin alsogives a better sleep in the presence of the benzos, while preventing tolerance build up..or at least i havent felt it yet. i also use earplugs because I have problems with noises waking me up a lot. so I bought some amazing aluminium earplugs from a kickstarter project, company called ISOLATE. if you have this issue i cant recommned it highly enough.

I discovered I have misophonia...or better said, I discovered my noise sensitivity has a medical name nowadays.

I am going to try a medication called vortioxetine, possibly.

I am investigating a few avenues now:
- mitochondria
- depression, through 5ht3a or through nicotinic acetylcholine receptors
- vagus nerve stimulation.
- p glycoprotein. this is probably the reason why dexametasone fixed me.

I dont come here often anymore, as I dont think my issue is ME CFS anymore (so careful if you decide to try something which worked for me). I hope you guys who helped me around here are also feeling better

The invention provides methods of identifying candidate psychiatric patients, or patients with movement disorder, for treatment with receptor site or increases density of D2 dopamine receptors. The method comprises determining a patient's DRD2 genotype. Patients having the Taq1A (A1) allele (A1+ allelic status) are candidates for treatment with high dose, high binding antipsychotics and/or SSRIs that influence D2 receptor density. Patients lacking the Taq1A allele (A1− allelic status) are candidates for treatment with low dose, low binding atypical antipsychotics, and are not likely to respond well to these SSRIs.

So the treatment for low D2 receptors, or lack of expression is to take high dose d2 antagonists?

So the treatment for low D2 receptors, or lack of expression is to take high dose d2 antagonists?
hi, lets put this on hold for a bit. its just a patent, which doesnt mean much withouth backing clinical trials. high dosage antipsychotic isnt what we want. but i will be adding low dose risperidone soon enough for its 5ht2a and D2 blocking properties, for sleep.0.5mg is how high ill go

I am reporting on a signiifcant finding.

after the dexametasone positive experience i started wonedering why i reacted like that. i cant just take dexamethasone so maybe i needed to fix whatever was broken. i realized one such option was to fix a glucocorticoid receptor issue.i realized such issues are part of mood disorders. so i got my self trying antidepressives and finally ive hit upon a posssibly good one. vortioxetine. this pill gave me energy back. i suspect this energy is tied to a resensitization of the glucocorticoid receptors. i have to add, i didnt feel depressed or at least not normal depressive symptoms but i still took the plunge to see what would happen and how it would affect this HPA axis and sleep.

Now It seems this has changed my reaction to sleeping pills. they seem to work much better however im still experimenting but they actually seem to always work now, instead of once in while, and rest of the time being unhelpful/prejudicial.

i also ahve a vague idea of this behaviour happening after strenous exercise at night but due to the nature of my problem i cant do that often. so i was wondering if the key here for the sleeping pills to work better really is having a higher HPA, and if anyone who says sleeping pills dont work very well or leave you with worse sleep than withouh them...maybe try to take HC just before bed together with the sleeping pill and see if there is a difference.

Im talking about benzodiazepines. clonazepam, a very bad sleeping pill, has been now helping me sleep wonderfully instead of making me feel dead for the day the next day, without any obivous improvemen in sleep, most of the times i used it. and many times making things worse. once in a while things would fall in place and it would wokr,....about once in a blue moon. and the dosage i had to use for any sleeping pill was ridiculously low.....something was way off with this HPA axis I think. seems to be fixing now. I believe it was this axis but it could also be some excitatory transmitter but vortioxetine at 5-10mg which im using is mostly a 5tht3a blocker and SRI.

my sleep patern is:
- fall aslep for 5 hours
- lay awake for an eternity
- possibly sleep again in 2-4 hours time if the Gods allow and there is no anxiety to block it.

I also have this pattern for many years.

drob31

Dexametasone cured me, it really did, with exception of sleep. It gave me really bad insomnia from the first dosage. But after quitting my sleep pattern seemed improved. I didnt retain any gains from it though :(

I am still messing with testo gel so i dont want to comment on it. The benefits i got where related to mood and surprisingly gynecomastia

The gyno is from high prolactin and or estrogen. You can control this with aromatase inhibitors and D2 agonists like cabergoline for prolactinemia.

drob31

Taking tyrosine seemed to help me for a few months. Then I'm pretty sure some co-factor go diminshed like tyrosine hydroxylase, and I seem to feel different than before. There is defintely a neurotransmitter connection, something to do with dopamine and cortisol receptor resistance.