• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2017 ME/CFS Awareness Day Media Coverage (post links here)

Yogi

Talking about PACE trial in London:

BINPACECapture.PNG

Transcript of speech:

http://limitedcapability.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/millionsmissing-protest-london-120517.html?spref=tw

Press the unmute button for volume on bottom right side

Last edited:

AndyPR

Not Millions Missing but good to see
https://www.nih.gov/research-traini...-cfs-fibromyalgia-international-awareness-day

May 12 is ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia International Awareness Day

Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME)/ chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is characterized by substantial disability that affects daily activities and is accompanied by profound fatigue that is not relieved by rest. While varying by person and affecting many body systems, symptoms include severe fatigue, unrefreshing sleep, problems thinking and concentrating, pain, and worsened memory. Post-exertional malaise (PEM), a distinguishing feature of the illness, is the worsening of symptoms after physical or mental activity.

Scientists have not determined the cause or causes of ME/CFS. Although more common in women, ME/CFS affects people of all ages, including children, and people of all races and ethnicities. Individuals with ME/CFS, their families and caregivers, employers, and society endure significant costs associated with ME/CFS. These costs are estimated to be $18-51 billion annually in the United States. Researchers estimate that at least one million Americans have ME/CFS, but only 20 percent are diagnosed with the illness.