• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

15 yo Daughter is COMT V158M+/+ and COMT H62H+/+ suffering from severe OCD and anxiety

Lotus97

Personally, I'd be cautious about trying different drugs and supplements where the evidence is still uncertain as people can end up doing more harm than good, or just making life more of a chore with pill taking.

As the years go by, this is the position I've been arriving at more and more. Not to mention the cost of these supplements...(I know this is an old thread, but I feel like this cannot be stated enough)

We've all heard anecdotal testimony about specific supplements and protocols (I still take supplements and medication myself) so I don't want to deny anyone the tools needed for "healing", but limiting activities has done me more good than anything (aside from sleep medication).

npeden

NPeden, Monterey, CA
She has been getting worse and worse. The last 2 weeks she can barely function.

She is also MAO A R297R +/+, MTRR A66G +/+ , MTRR A664A +/+ and MTR A2756G +/-. The other notables are VDR Taq +/- and MTHFR A1298C +/-

Reading the Heartfixer I might assume that she's overmethylated and give her some niacinamide?

The MTRRs and MTR seem to indicate she might likely be low in B12 though? Would be ok to give her Hydroxycobalalim?

One of the best articles I have found. And this clinic does distance treatment with clear info on becoming a patient on their site. When I can afford I would like to work with them.
http://redmountainclinic.com/a-genetic-cause-of-pain-and-anxiety-comt-mao-and-mthfr/