• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

129-page Sourcebook for teachers of pupils with ME &FM with Drs Bell and Carruthers

Countrygirl

https://www.mefmaction.com/images/stories/Support/TEACH-ME2edition.pdf

Table of Contents The National ME/FM Action Network ……………………………………………… i About the Contributors .………………..…………………………………………..…. iii Introduction to First Edition …………………………………………………………. v Mary Ellen, Chairperson, TEACH-ME Task Force Introduction to Second Edition ................................................................... vii Margaret Parlor Chapter 1: Understanding Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) in Young People ……..…………….… 1 Marjorie van de Sande & Dr. Bruce M. Carruthers Chapter 2: Understanding Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) in Young People …………………………………………………………………….… 17 Marjorie van de Sande & Dr. Bruce M. Carruthers Chapter 3: Medical Aspects of ME/CFS and/or FMS ………………………….. 30 Dr. David S. Bell & Mary Z. Robinson Chapter 4: 'I Look So Normal': Impact of ME/CFS and/or FMS on Children …………………………………… 36 Kate Andersen Chapter 5: Educational Planning and Approaches to Curriculum …………. 63 Teach-Me Task Force with Kate Andersen Chapter 6: Role of the Student and Family in Educational Planning ……… 97 Kate Andersen & Mary Z. Robinson Appendices ………………………………………………………………....……………. 104 Order Form for TEACH-ME: Sourcebook, and Membership Application are at the end of book. Citation: TEACH-ME Task Force. A Sourcebook for Teachers of Young People with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Fibromyalgia (FMS). Second Edition, 2005. National ME/FM Action Network, Nepean, Ontario. Reprinted April 2012 © Copyright: Second Edition 2005 © Copyright: First Edition 2002 National ME/FM Action Network 512-33 Banner Road, Nepean, Ontario K2H 8V7 Canada Phone: 613-829-6667 Fax: 613-829-8518 Email: mefminfo@mefmaction.com