• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

10-year old sufferer speaks out

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-09-28/child-with-m-e-wants-to-tackle-the-stigmas/

(I noticed this girl featured in another thread but thought she deserved her own.)

28 September 2017 at 12:03pm

Child with M.E. wants to tackle the stigma

A 10-year-old girl who suffers from M.E. has reached thousands of people through a video posted onto Facebook. Photo: ITV News
A 10-year-old girl from Plymouth who suffers from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) has reached thousands of people across the world through a video posted onto Facebook, where she tries to tackle stigma against the condition.

Shannon Tiday says she is angry about a new and controversial treatment, which suggests M.E. can be treated as a psychological illness.

She's had messages of support from sufferers in Europe, Canada and even Australia

Shannon Tiday says she is angry about a new and controversial treatment for M.E. Credit: ITV News
Shannon has been left practically housebound after developing M.E. - a disease with symptoms of chronic fatigue - meaning her childhood is very different from her peers.

Read rest of the article here.

Last edited by a moderator: