• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

‼ emergency, please help..need drug advice about prednisone or alternatives

waif

My friend is too sick to go to the doctor.

We are looking to try a TINY dose of prednisone or hydrocortisone....prednisolone (is that similar??)? ASAP.

Unfortunately shipping to the states usually takes two weeks from india, correct?
I looked on the darkweb and couldn't find anyone.

http://drugs-365.com/basket claims 3-8 business days, do you all think that's accurate?

Or could we do an online consultation with a doctor to get a tiny dose of prednisone?
say it's for a bad knee or something, definitely not CFS.

https://www.safesmartliving.com/health/best-online-doctor-consultation/

I have no idea how hesitant they'd be to rx prednisone at such a small dose.

Huge thank you in advance.

Hip

I looked on the darkweb and couldn't find anyone.

There are some reliable prescription-free pharmacies listed in the first post of this thread. Buypharma, which I often use, is quite fast, with delivery times to the UK typically around 7 to 10 days.

We are looking to try a TINY dose of prednisone or hydrocortisone....prednisolone (is that similar??)? ASAP.

Do I understand correctly that you are thinking of trying a one-off dose of a corticosteroid drug just before going to the doctor in order to reduce ME/CFS symptoms and PEM?

If so, you might want to read the corticosteroids section of this post, in which one ME/CFS patient details the corticosteroid dosing and timing he used to prevent PEM. He is using prednisolone (which is similar to prednisone) at a one-off dose of 20 mg.

http://drugs-365.com/basket claims 3-8 business days, do you all think that's accurate?

I've never used this pharmacy, but I imagine that's probably an accurate estimate.

hangininthere

You can buy hydrocortisone cream over the counter at any drugstore or store like Walmart or a Dollar Store, or online. It's called anti-itch cream. Its main ingredient is a small amount of hydrocortisone. Ask a clerk to show you which aisle it's in. The store brands are very inexpensive, only a couple of dollars for a 2 ounce tube.

I've used it successfully at times to perk me up from my CFS exhaustion. I just rub a small dollop onto my forearm and it sinks into my system that way, just like a medicinal patch medication sinks into your system through your skin.

For example (and make sure it lists hydrocortisone in the ingredients):

91p8O%2BFGu5L._SX522_.jpg

Patti

Last edited:

waif

You know what's funny is I told him that, thank you. I've experimented with progesterone creams in the same way. I didn't like the results of the progesterone but it was definitely doing something I think it even messed up my cycle

I have scalpicin and literally the ingredient is hydrocortisone. we placed an order with riverpharmacy last night but it's going to take a few weeks so maybe that can Tide him over in the meantime. Also I swear we've given my dog's prednisone but I don't think he's that desperate yet LOL

I'm going to add my feedback about riverpharmacy to the main thread. It seems really shady at first but I've used them before

waif

There are some reliable prescription-free pharmacies listed in the first post of this thread. Buypharma, which I often use, is quite fast, with delivery times to the UK typically around 7 to 10 days.

Do I understand correctly that you are thinking of trying a one-off dose of a corticosteroid drug just before going to the doctor in order to reduce ME/CFS symptoms and PEM?

If so, you might want to read the corticosteroids section of this post, in which one ME/CFS patient details the corticosteroid dosing and timing he used to prevent PEM. He is using prednisolone (which is similar to prednisone) at a one-off dose of 20 mg.

I've never used this pharmacy, but I imagine that's probably an accurate estimate.

Thank youuuu

that Pharmacy thread is absolutely amazing, I can't believe I never noticed it before. I spent hours on it last night. I desperately needed antibiotics like 6 months ago and it didn't know where to look, I wish I just came here.

I'm going to send him a link to the thread with the dosing because I'm afraid if he dose is it wrong he's just going to dismiss the drug entirely