• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. victoriana

When "Common SNPs" Matter

Thanks for the link to Dr. Steven Zeisel, MD and his explanation about who might really benefit from 'choline' (or not) and the related PEMT snps. What are good choline and lecithin choices to supplement with? I rely on food (runny organic eggs) to provide my 'choline'. With a past history...
  2. victoriana

The Nutrigenomics of Selenium

Thank you for the link re selenium. Could you provide details re FMN (B2) ie brand; FAD as a cofactor for TXNRD2 (what is it?); and in particular how it has changed your life/health. Many thanks, A Canadian from Toronto
  3. victoriana

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

My source for Lecithin: Distributed by 'Lekithos' in Florida, the company sells a 100% organic, non-GMO, vegan, liquid, soy-free product that is rich in phosphatidyl choline. It is a product of Italy and packaged in the US: www.mysunflowerlecithin.com. I buy mine as a 16oz (473 ml) bottle
  4. victoriana

Doctor who understands methylation

Additional information about Dr. Nancy Mullan, MD who does genetics medicine (below comes from her recent email): "My Tuesday evening calls are ongoing. They happen every week. There is no charge to come to the call. It is free forum where you can ask your questions. It’s a great way to...
  5. victoriana

Doctor who understands methylation

I was also going to recommend Dr. Nancy Mullan, MD in Burbank, California based on having read her articles on her site. She has both a website and is on Facebook with some interesting articles and follows Amy Yasko's protocol. FYI: you might like to try out her weekly free Q&A held Tuesdays...
  6. victoriana

Which program is the best to cheack your methylation profile on

You may be interested in knowing that Dr. Nancy Mullan, MD based in Los Angeles has a Tuesday night Q&A session. From her Tuesday, December 16, 2014 website: "It's an Open Forum which is held on Tuesday night at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 7:00 PM Central, 6:00 PM...
  7. victoriana

TYMS - how can I compensate for it?

@Valentijn - Thanks Valentijn. '23andme' has opened up a whole new world of interest in how to better take care of this machine of mine. Being MTHFR A1298C +/- and a breast cancer survivor I've added B12 plus the right kind of folate, and really upped my veggies, in particular the cruciferous...
  8. victoriana

TYMS - how can I compensate for it?

Hello, I'm TYMS +/+ (rs502396) and would like to learn more about this so called nasty snp. I've read the following about it: 'TYMS, SHMT and other snps affect the generation of DNA building blocks. Therefore it's necessary to look at FUT2, IgA and others as it relates to the GI tract'...
  9. victoriana

23 and Me Results- Thoughts?

Hi Brent, I want to provide you with info on where you can order the high quality whey that was mentioned. I am not affiliated with this specific company and I'm 100% certain it's not an MLM - but you can confirm this for yourself: 'Well Wisdom' 800/735-1003 (California). As for coffee enemas...
  10. victoriana

MTHFr for 23 and me results

Hello maryb, I used geneticgenie.org to get the 'Detox Profile' (cost/donation: $5) and 'Methylation Analysis' (cost/donation: $10) - two separate reports. The 'Methylation Analysis' came with 5 pages of generic written interpretation. Unfortunately the 'Detox Profile' did not come with...