• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

I need some help regarding B12 self injections

the sublingual B12 I mentioned is supposed to be almost as effective as the shots. Yes, I am for sure, big time, deficient in B12. Sublingual has not worked for me. I've had 2 shots and am ready for more, however, I've not ordered any due to not knowing which type I wanted to take. I'll have to...
  2. P

I searched and there are a few within 100 miles of me... but only for wealthy people.... really wealthy people. These guys sure ain' cheap... but they do exist. Most of them rely on foods/diets etc which will NOT be helpful once I have the DS surgery. Re the B12: I found this which seems...
  3. P

Hi Zoe One of the nice things about swerves is there is always something new to learn. so.... a naturopath huh.... a new term for me. Time to engage Mr. Google ..... for the kabillionth time. I need more B12 just to keep researching B12 ! All I want is to get my levels up beyond brain damage...
  4. P

This thread has taken a bit of a swerve away from the B12 topic as often happens on message boards. In my 9th post I posted this and still would like a response if possible: "I'm wondering now if I should be in contact with a nutritionist?... would this be the correct type person to help with...
  5. P

I've yet to read the B12 thread. It's quite lengthy and I want to be able to concentrate on it while reading it all at one time. This is best done in the wee hours of the morning for me. More good information taniaaust1. I'm wondering now if I should be in contact with a nutritionist...
  6. P

Thanks Zoe... lots of helpful information ! I'll read that thread. I sort of jumped around in it before, but now I'll make a serious effort to read all of it. My PCP IS a GOOD doctor and as his also being an internist and endocrinologist, I would think he would be well versed on supplements...
  7. P

Re: Vitamin D I've been doing some research on the Vitamin D deficiency you mentioned. Steroids Corticosteroid medications such as prednisone, often prescribed to reduce inflammation, can reduce calcium absorption [93-95] and impair vitamin D metabolism. These effects can further contribute...
  8. P

I wonder why my PCP isn't more flexible in what he's prescribing for me to do. I know he doesn't want me taking the B12 on a daily level so I won't be able to get a script from him for more than he has already given me... let alone having something compounded. I don't know if this forum allows...
  9. P

5. High levels of Eosinophils is a concern, particularly with low s-albumin. That may indicate parasitic infestation, and you are anemic as well. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eosinophil_granulocyte An increase in eosinophils, i.e., the presence of more than 500 eosinophils/microlitre...
  10. P

LOTS of good information you've all given me ! ~ Thanks. I was given a script from my PCP/internist/endro. for 1000 mcg of cyanocobalamin to be taken every 2 weeks. He is well versed on my conditions (as well as being frustrated with them) so I'm not doubting his judgment about the type of...
  11. P

I do the B12 in the upper arm and the insulin in the abdomen.
  12. P

What is Methyl vs Cyan? I'll appreciate your checking. I'm a diabetic and am so used to sticking myself multiple times a day, along with doing the finger prick as many times, so I'm not at all bothered by how many times I'd have to inject myself. I do wonder though if taking large doses...
  13. P

I'm at a loss knowing what to do. I've had 2 critical health situations in the past 3 months putting me in the hospital through the ER. Just prior to this, I had some extensive labs done at my request due to health issues for the past 3 years. I just knew after all I've had since then, that I...