• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Marcus2013

Choline and DMG + BHMT vs Methionine Synthase Pathway

Hi kposs, So actually you are only taking the DMG + Chromium piccolinate ? Is it working for you ?
  2. Marcus2013

How to supplement potassium ?

Dear all, I have read that potassium is needed in big ammounts wether you try Fredd or Rich's protocol. I've read people that needs grams of potassium x day to keep the methylation working. However, I've read that potassium supplementation is limited to 99g per pill because more can cause...
  3. Marcus2013

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Wow! Thank you very much for all this information Red04! I also had prozac / therapist in the past and it worked but I always felt that wasn't the right path to follow (not mentioning side effects). This gives me hope! Please could you tell me exactly what is/was your wife taking ? I mean, the...
  4. Marcus2013

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Hi Freddd, First of all, thank you very much for all this information. It all really makes sense. I would like to ask you a question. I know you are not a physician or certified practitioner but I would be really glad if you could give me some advice. Do you think that all you have...
  5. Marcus2013

B12+F.Acid for depression, worked for 1 week, felt bad after that. What went wrong ?

Why do you say I could get into a world of trouble if I take too much ??
  6. Marcus2013

Thinking about methylation...

Dear All, I am slowly understanding how the methylation/remethylation cycle works. Due to my brain fog it takes more time for me but It's good to understand everything. (By the way lots of brain fog although not all have improved after only taking 50mg zinc piccolinate nightly, but that's...
  7. Marcus2013

Zinc taste test considered reliable ?

Triffid, which allergy test did you undergo ? I am considering ALCAT but I've been told it's obscenely expensive, plus it's not scientifically proved. Thanks again. Best, Marcus
  8. Marcus2013

Zinc and Copper indeed are related. An excess copper inthe body can prevent zinc absorption. So if your cause of zinc deficienty is an excess copper, but lots of zinc deplete copper. How do you solve this ?
  9. Marcus2013

Thanks for the warning triffid. Why do you think you were zinc defficient ? There must be an explanation. Invisiblejungle : Why won't you rely on it ? It's a widespread test in the ND world. Or so it looks like ...
  10. Marcus2013

B12+F.Acid for depression, worked for 1 week, felt bad after that. What went wrong ?

Crux, I am thinking ... Maybe you got used to B12 and your body demands more and more ? Like a tolerance effect. Do you think that is possible ? That possibility scared me.
  11. Marcus2013

Thanks for the info! 15mgs of B12 daily. Wow. That seems a lot. Although I've read about therapies using 27mgs a day. Are you taking it orally or injected ? In case you are interested, Dr. Brownstein, an holistic MD for whom I have great respect, has a whole book on Vitamin B12. I don't own...
  12. Marcus2013

Crux, Very interesting! That confirms my suspects that taking 5-htp (or anyother antidepressant), while it might work, it's in reality masking a deeper deficiency of vits/mins. I hope my problem is "only" that I can't absorv b12+folates and not anything worst like mercury poisoning or a...
  13. Marcus2013

Hi Crux, Thank you very much for your reply. I can see Rich recommends potassium only with very high doses of b12+folates. I'll have the potassium pills nearby just in case. Yes I am having depression, fatigue and anxiety. They are all combined and feedback each other. They're loopbacks...
  14. Marcus2013

Hi dreambirdie, thank you very much for the information. I'll take it into account. I am still wondering why Konyensburg doesn't mention potassium on his simplified protocol if it's so important. Now speaking in general terms, not strictly related to b12+folates : In my case (I don't know...
  15. Marcus2013

Dear All, Do you think the Zinc taste test can be considered reliable in diagnosing a zinc deficiency ? In case someone doesn't know what is it about, here's an explanation of the test : http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseaction/show/pageid/653 Best wishes to all, Marcus
  16. Marcus2013

Phred, thanks for the tip. Sushi mentioned it also. I have ordered Potassium Citrate and will use it along MTHF+B12+Lecithin. It's strange though that Rich Van Konynenburg isn't mentioning Potassium on his Simplified Method. Why is that ? If it is so important ... Thanks again.
  17. Marcus2013

Hi Sushi, Thank you very much for your prompt reply! Is it ok if I try only the active folate + hydroxyb12 + postassium ? I mean, don't I need all the other supplements listed on the Simplified Treatment of Dr. Konynenburg ? I don't know (yet) if I have a problem with my methilation cycle...
  18. Marcus2013

Hi there! After reading success stories about folic acid + b12 for depression, I decided to try it for my self. I started experimenting with the following : - 800 mcg of folic acid (folacin (folic acid) tablets, brand Solgar) - 500 mcg of b12 (cyanocobalamin capsules, brand Solgar) I was...