• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

methylcobalamin vs hydroxocobalamin

At the beginning of this thread there were differences of opinion about Fredd's theory about Hydoxocobalamin and methyl and adenosylcobalamin. My brain is not in the best condition right now, but I would like to support his opinion about Hydrox being slow to possibly totally inefective (on its...
  2. H

Lunulas

Hi people This is a fairly old thread, but I'd like to add my penny's worth as I suffer from various malabsorption syndromes and have an issue with the lunula on my nails. Firstly, I am definitely deficient in B12 for which I take either a sublingual or transdermal B12, which brings me to...
  3. H

Histamine intolerance - anyone got that?

Hi Rich I sincerely wish I could avail myself of the tests you mention, but I live in New Zealand and it is very difficult to find any medical practitioner who is up to speed with the latest in food intolerances. I am so thankful for the information I have learnt online, thanks to people...
  4. H

richvank...........you've put up a link dealing with CFS/ME. One thing I would like to point out about CFS in particular is that many times it is caused by an undiagnosed gluten intolerance. I get so frustrated whenever I see people trying to find cures for this condition. How do I know...
  5. H

Hi This is my first message to this forum. To anybody suffering from histamine intolerance which irritates the gastrointestinal system, Dr. Dirk Budka might be the only hope any of us has of ever being helped. He is the leading authority in the world on histamine intolerance as far as I am...