• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. louabird

New symptom

I've been feeling 'weird' to put it lightly for a couple of days. I don't recall ever having this. I started off having strange waves of heat/nausea/dizziness that felt like electrodes were pulsing through my brain. Almost like my vision was sliding away, without the visualisation... just the...
  2. louabird

Confused about treatment options

Thanks! I'm booked in/on the waiting list for CFS Discovery. Thank you all for the invaluable info x
  3. louabird

Thanks a bunch, I'll look into it x
  4. louabird

Lovely! Thank you x
  5. louabird

You can see my symptom list here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/symptomatic-me-since-2008.21142/#post-321704
  6. louabird

So, I've had MECFS for almost 4 years. I have been super reluctant to try GET and CBT but have tried powder magnesium which worked for the pain, for a bit. Melatonin, magnesium supplements, B12 (which made me super tired) and have taken some naturopath paths. I'm currently at a stage where...
  7. louabird

Dr. Chia's treatments

Has anyone traveled to see Dr. Chia from international waters? His approach to CFS seems to be the most logical, targeting the virus dwelling in the body, rather than medicating the symptoms. x
  8. louabird

New ME/CFS clinic in Melbourne Australia

It would be good to get feedback on Dr Oldmeadow himself. I have been a patient of his and have been thoroughly unsatisfied. I think why its all bulkbilled is because he doesn't actually do any diagnostic testing. He is a firm believer in GET and CBT.