• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Paul M

Help with Methylation results?

Sorry I'm a newbie here with this stuff, but am wondering what this means. I have Lyme Disease and have been on treatment for three months and am wondering if there is anything I can do with this information to help me further: MTHFR Mutations You have 1 heterozygous (yellow) mutation(s)...
  2. Paul M

Energy Revitalization System and Thyroid Meds

I take it around lunch with water. I think the Citrus flavor is better than the berry one.
  3. Paul M

Igenex, lyme/TBD testing, different interpretations...

Well they started me on Biaxin and Plaquenil, so that may be the antibiotic you are thinking of (Biaxin) - well hopefully haha
  4. Paul M

Igenex, lyme/TBD testing, different interpretations...

Hey guys, I also just got diagnosed with lyme after a 5 month battle with what maybe is now lyme? Symptoms were muscle pain in the upper body, shoulders, arms back that got worse over the 5 months, overall terrible fatigue, sleep problems and immune dysfunction (had a sore throat for 8 weeks)...
  5. Paul M

23andMe test on sale 12/11/12

Wow that thread is impressive
  6. Paul M

I ordered a kit. I'm pretty good with data. I'm not sure how much Raw data you get from this, but would be happy to have people upload there stuff to a Google Doc and let me work my magic on it.
  7. Paul M

Who's Had Their Coxsackie B Virus and Echovirus Antibody Titers Tested at ARUP Lab?

Apparently, the tests were done at Focus Diagnostics. Any idea on the quality of this lab?
  8. Paul M

Who's Had Their Coxsackie B Virus and Echovirus Antibody Titers Tested at ARUP Lab?

Not sure if this is still active or a better recent thread, but just got back some Coxsackie B titres: Type 2 was 1:40 Type 3 was 1:80 Everything else was <1:10 Now to figure out what it means.
  9. Paul M

Stopped velnafaxine (effexor), wondering how long extra fatigue will last

So day three and just feeling some extra sleepiness and nauseousness. I'm done with antidepressants. I don't want a false treatment to stop me from any recovery. Hope this withdrawal ends soon!
  10. Paul M

Thanks for the insight. Yeah the fatigue is really only extra fatigue on top of my terrible fatigue. So double fatigue. A little wooziness. Hopefully it only passes in a few days for me. How long did your withrawal last?
  11. Paul M

Hey guys, I was on Zoloft for about 5 weeks to no avail and then I started directly with a low dose of effexor 37.5mg to see if it did anything for my pain. It didnt do anything for me and after about 4 weeks I told my psychiatrist I rather stop it. She said quitting cold turkey was fine...
  12. Paul M

Adrenal Stress Index Test - Help!

thanks guys, I just withheld all the supplements and meds for a day. i think the tests went well. not sure what the treatment will be heaps, but ill keep you guys posted
  13. Paul M

Adrenal Stress Index Test - Help!

Hey guys, I want to take this test tomorrow since I want to get the test results back as soon as possible. If you think I should just wait to ask my doctor on Monday just let me know. However, I figured enough of you have taken this test to answer the following questions: 1. It seems like...
  14. Paul M

Long term antibiotic use for acne (minocycline/tetracycline)

Around 2004, I started using tetracycline for acne and I think I switched to minocycline for some reason about 2007 and kept using it daily until 2010 (when my doctor said to stop using it when I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism). I've read a little about long term antibiotic use and links to...
  15. Paul M

Yoga

I think I'll be fine with the spiritual side. I'm not looking for that anyway. I'm pretty much an Atheist not in search of any dogmas anyway hah.
  16. Paul M

Yoga

Hmm ok. I may just try some around town. I rather do it outside of the house to actually go do something.
  17. Paul M

Sore throat for eight weeks, help!

I think you were right on Hip. I went to my ENT doctor today and she thought it was Herpangina as well. However, she didn't really understand the CFS-like symptoms that I am feeling and why it has taken so long to go away. It does seem to be slightly better now, but im not sure when it will...
  18. Paul M

Yoga

Hey guys, I'm going to start to look into some yoga classes. Wondering if anyone found Yoga helpful and could recommend certain types? Its not the most intuitive thing for me to understand.
  19. Paul M

Also, for anyone thats had these type of sore throats, do you think they are contagious?
  20. Paul M

If I do it, I hope I have an X-Men mutation or something cool. Let me know if you do and we can form a superhero group.
  21. Paul M

Anyone bought this? Wondering if its worthwhile
  22. Paul M

Thanks guys, I will try some of the OTC things you mention. I'm also at the same consensus that I need a better doctor now too. On the path for that now.
  23. Paul M

First, sorry if I am posting too much, but couldnt find a thread about chronic sore throats. I'm about 4 months into my fatigue and for the last 8 weeks I have had a sore throat. It started as very painful and red and then seemed to go away after a couple days of the usual throat attack moves...
  24. Paul M

I actually emailed them too and got the following response: "Hello: The calcium was just added recently when the manufacturer added the B vitamins back into the powder. The small amount of calcium is used as a binder to encapsulate B's within the powder. This was necessary to prevent the...
  25. Paul M

Hello all, I am at the first stages of trying to deal with CFS or what I think is CFS. I am starting to take some of Dr. Teitelbaums regiment with Ribose and the Energy Revitalization System. I understand there are detractors on this forum, but I really just need to start trying something...