• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Making your own injectable methylcobalmin

I ordered 10g from China from the site www.alibaba.com. The specific company I got it from was : http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/methylcobalamin-Methyl-B12-NOT-other-forms_566327395.html?spm=a2700.7724838.102.7.Rq4jcv&s=p According to them it is pharmaceutical grade and non-GMO. One...
  2. L

What is the advantage of running the solution through a sterile 2 micron filter over simply sterilizing all the bottles, saline solution, and utensils with boiling water? The MB12 itself comes in a sealed sterile foil package. Perhaps you are addressing the issue of contamination of the...
  3. L

Hello Hip, Thank you for the link to Yasko's road map. I did the 23 and me test a while ago but don't remember exact details. According to the results, I am an overmethylator and should take hydroxycobalamin. I have never had a problem with the MB12, though, so maybe there are other balancing...
  4. L

Actually, I haven't tried the hydroxocobalamin. Brain methylation is an important part of why I take the methyl form. Also, I've been very influenced by Freddd's views on the topic. I plowed my way through the wrongdiagnosis forum for the directions on compounding your own MB12 and actually...
  5. L

Directions for making a sterile saline solution call for boiling the water 15 minutes. Perhaps that would be how long the B12 would need to be boiled. Even though MB12 is considered heat stable, I wonder if it could handle that long duration of heat. I have many glass vials with rubber...
  6. L

Thanks for pointing out this thread. I read through it and came up with the same conclusion. No on has found a satisfactory source of MB12 crystals. I agree completely with the need for sterile sealed medical grade MB12 for injection. My understanding is that all MB12 is manufactured in...
  7. L

Has anyone on this forum tried making their own injectable methylcobalamin from pure powder? The pure powder can be ordered from China. With sterile lab technique and darkroom conditions, it seem like it would be fairly easy to make. I know that Fredd's protocol calls for the sublinguals...
  8. L

Intrinsic factor?

Thank you for the clarification. Linda
  9. L

Turning on CNS healing for only the second time

Hi Fred, Let me make sure I have this right. Does this mean you are taking about 10 Enz per dose at approximately 3 1/4 hour intervals for 4 doses? I'm getting so specific about this because I'm planning to do a trial with breaks in between doses as you describe. Thanks much Linda
  10. L

Good websites?

Hi Fuzzyhead, Yes, iuMMA is the urine methylmalonic acid test rather than the serum (blood) test that most doctors will run. The urine test is about 30 times more sensitive than the blood test for Methylmalonic acid. Linda
  11. L

B-Complex without Folic Acid

Hi dece, Thanks for that link. I was looking at the wrong BioCare B-plex. Linda
  12. L

Turning on CNS healing for only the second time

Hi Fred, That is fantastic news. I'd be really interested in seeing a detailed break down of your current supplements and how you schedule them, if you could take the time to post it. I know what works is different for all of us and changes constantly, but some of the things you say might be...
  13. L

Hi Fred, I really like this idea of sculpting your own B vitamin on top of a basic B-Complex, especially one that doesn't have B12 or folic acid. I checked out the Nature Made B-complex with C that you mention. It contains propylene glycol, which I would rather avoid. I'm interested in...
  14. L

Hi Rachael, MTHF is the same as methylfolate. MTHF is an acronym for methyltetrahydrofolate. I'm just saying they don't use any other forms of folate than methylfolate (such as folic acid, folinic acid, calcium folinate etc.). The only two companies I have found that do not use stearate are...
  15. L

Intrinsic factor?

Hi Freddd, I have a question about this grouping of symptoms. I don't understand what Group 2a and 2b refer too. When you say "group 2a - Both," do you mean both hypokalemia and paradoxal folate deficiency? Are these the symptoms they share in common? Likewise for group 2b. Sorry, I'm slow and...
  16. L

Intrinsic factor?

Hi Fuzzyhead, I tested positive for intrinsic factor antibodies. Like you, I can't absorb vitamin B12 from food or supplements. My Red Blood cells were never large. Very often these hematologic signs show up long after much neurological damage has already been done. Doctors are wrongly educated...
  17. L

The Thorne research Basic B complex - New Formula, uses only MTHF (no folic or folinic acid). I ordered the Thorne Basic B complex and got the old formula by mistake, which contains calcium folinate. So be careful if you get the Thorne Basic B complex that it is the New Formula. I have used...
  18. L

L-Carnitine Fumarate

HI Fred, I just called Beyond-A-Century where I get bulk powders and they said that their L-Carnitine Fumerate comes from China. So I will order the Drs Best brand and try the A-B trial you outlined. The quality of products coming out of Italy would likely be better than that coming from China...
  19. L

L-Carnitine Fumarate

The best carnitines seem to be those manufactured by Sigma Tau in Italy. Jarrow and Drs Best and maybe other brands are made by Sigma Tau. Is it known that Signa Tau is best from subjective experience, or is there some objectively verifiable reason? I buy L Carnitine Fumerate as a bulk pure...
  20. L

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

What form of Carnitine is in meat? Does it also have inhibitory effects on the thyroid? I understand that, like B12 , it may not be in high enough concentrations in food to reverse damage done, or like food folate, it might not be in a form that some people can utilize well. Still, I wonder...
  21. L

Nitric Oxide: Friend or Foe?

How about taking L-Arginine? It increases NO production in the endothelium lining the vascular system. It is now highly touted as a supplement to lower high blood pressure and many other heart conditions. Sorry I can't find the link right now for a very informative short video on how it works...
  22. L

Methyl b12 brand rotation

Sometimes I use the Thorne methylcobalamin 1mg capsul in the same way as the Anabol Dibencoplex, by emptying 1/2 a cap between the lower lip and gum. I like that it doesn't have flavorings and additives but don't know how it compares in effectiveness to other brands. It is good to see that Drs...
  23. L

This was extremely helpful. I increased the potassium gluconate yesterday to about 3 grams as an experiment. This morning I woke up with my legs not aching for the first time since starting B12 injections. On general principles, I was starting to supplement with 1 gram of potassium a day, but...
  24. L

Freddd, I’d like to understand some of the underpinnings of your theory more clearly. I asked a very quick question at the beginning of this thread about the lettered diseases. Let me reword what you are saying to see if I have your idea right. What confuses me is this idea of “distribution...
  25. L

Quatrefolic Methylfolate - Best Brand (?)

Swansons is actually more expensive than metabolic maintenance (20 cents per mg), but the ingredient list looks good. My interest in going through a compounding pharmacy is to get an affordable price when doing very large doses every day of MTHF. I won't go with many of the more available...
  26. L

Quatrefolic Methylfolate - Best Brand (?)

Hey Lotus, The Thorne 5-MTHF is also a glucosamine salt put out by Gnosis, the makers of Quatrafolic. That is what I use. I saw that claim by the company that it was more stable and bioavailable, but I don't know how they substantiate it. A salt is a salt and once disassociated with the...
  27. L

I am very aware that Freddd has come up with many non-standard ways of explaining the empirical evidence he has seen in himself and others that are not necessarily supported by research. My biochemical comprehension is very limited, though, so I can’t follow much of this debate. With my limited...
  28. L

You first post expressed almost exactly my sense, East West, much better than I could have. It is good to know all the pitfalls and benefits people can experience on this protocol. It helps me to be watchful of danger signs. So far, though, Freddds protocol has worked for me where nothing else...
  29. L

Hi, I’m a new kid on the block and this is my first post. I guess it is as good a place as any to jump in. I’ve been reading in the background and haphazardly following a methylation protocol for the last 8 months. Freddd’s initial post interested me because he talked about how all the...