• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. UsableThought

Cross-post: 23andme worth it, if 677 and 1298 tested as normal/normal? (Long-time fibro sufferer)

Thanks, I have in fact ordered the kit - I sent in my spit last week & so now I have 6 to 8 weeks till they culture it up & give me a report (assuming my spit is the "good" kind with enough cheek cells).
  2. UsableThought

Can oral B12 cause or worsen tingling or other nerve problems? !

I've posted here before about whether to get the 23andMe test. I have in fact ordered the test & given my spit, so now I'm in the period of waiting 6 to 8 weeks before I get the results. This is after learning from the more readily available MTHFR test that I don't have either of the two most...
  3. UsableThought

Cross-post: 23andme worth it, if 677 and 1298 tested as normal/normal? (Long-time fibro sufferer)

Hmm, I actually take sublingual B12 - 5,000 mcg of the Jarrow Methyl B12, and a few days ago I added 1 tablet of the Source Naturals dibencozide, which is also sublingual and 8.6 mg. I will stop taking so much methylfolate - I can cut it back to 800 mcg or even 400 mcg. So presumably I don't...
  4. UsableThought

23andme worth it, if 677 and 1298 tested as normal/normal? (Long-time fibro sufferer)

Alas, my thyroid levels have never been a problem. I actually did take T3 years ago and it didn't help me. Most of my bloodwork comes back as if I should be in good health . . . quite a contradiction to my actual state of health.
  5. UsableThought

Thanks - I've edited to put in a link in case people want to comment in that thread & not here. Hope that helps.
  6. UsableThought

Basically I've had fibromyalgia for 20 years (I'm 55) and all the fatigue, sleep, muscle aches, fuzziness, etc. that come with it. I've also had peripheral neuropathy in my feet for 5 years, of unexplained origin. Last month I started wondering about B12, so I got my doc to do bloodwork for...
  7. UsableThought

23andme worth it, if 677 and 1298 tested as normal/normal? (Long-time fibro sufferer)

I've had fibromyalgia for 20 years (I'm 55) and all the fatigue, sleep, muscle aches, fuzziness, etc. that come with it. I've also had peripheral neuropathy in my feet for 5 years, of unexplained origin. Last month I started wondering about B12, so I got my doc to do bloodwork for serum B12...