• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. dazzammm

Townsend Letter - This Road to Health Hell with Oxalates

trawling through this site and the web im aware that oxalates causes joint / muscle pain. but how long does this take to have effect. If I eat a high oxalate food my fingers will ache within minutes. not sure if this is signifying something else, that this is normal or i have more crystals in my...
  2. dazzammm

why do i feel great when i have a cold?

found this on the forum from about 5 years ago. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/anyone-feel-better-when-they-get-the-flu-or-a-cold.3774/ and the phenominom is reported on other CFS forums. found another post elsewhere that said an immunologist told someone it was due to the...
  3. dazzammm

im sure its a cold cos the wife caught it and she said she had a cold and she MUST be right ;o)
  4. dazzammm

Can't get glasses that don't cause headaches. Help?

are you saying the right prescription is not always the best prescription and eye strain is caused by having the right prescription? ive had eyestrain for 10 years. its mainly a discomfort in my dominent eye with the pain in the forehead and roof of the eye socket. its given me lines on one...
  5. dazzammm

thanks. Some people mentioned that the immune system is actually working as it should during a cold. so what is it doing the rest of the time for CFS sufferers? do we rarely get colds too?
  6. dazzammm

Hi, when i have a cold all my symptoms disappear and i feel full of energy and GREAT! anyone else experience this or has an explanation. it could be psycological (got other things to worry about), physical (too tired to "put up my defenses" or immune system is in hyperdrive), dietry (gone off...
  7. dazzammm

blurry vision though eye doctor says prescription is fine!

eye problems are rarely listed on symptoms on the internet so its good to see im not alone. been looking for a prescription im happy with and a good optometrist for a decade. got some irlen-type glasses coming soon so will see if they help. I think eyes are unique re symptoms are concerned...
  8. dazzammm

Candida is killing me...

IBS, like CFS, is another generic condition which roughly translate to "i dunno wots wrong with yer but I need to give you an acronym"
  9. dazzammm

where to start......?

Hi, Ive been trawling the internet for years and cant understand why I didn't find this site earlier. I thought I knew stuff until I saw the forum - extensive is the only word for it. so extensive I'm not sure where to start. can anyone point me in the direction of the best posts to start...