• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Update on Alex3619: in hospital but doing well

Hope you are recovering well Alex. Only just found out today.
  2. P

ME/CFS Demonstration in Australia

I have recently written a lobbying letter to doctors which was sent to 5 medical organisations. The letter contained links to recent ME(cfs) research, which you are welcome to edit in any fashion you like, to use as a leaflet to give out. 25 July 2012 Professor Claire Jackson President Royal...
  3. P

ME (cfs) Impairment Profiles FAQ

The symptoms and impairments in ME(cfs ) are hard to explain to give a full picture of how one is, especially in the limited time frame usually available. They often need to be repeated, and as a consequence, lead to frustration and exhaustion, especially when unwell. These Impairment...
  4. P

Me/cfs awareness

Raising and maintaining awareness in all sectors of the community about the needs of people with ME/CFS, and reaching out to enlist support for the ME/CFS cause, is more urgent now than ever before. In an effort to encourage actions which will result in better health outcomes for people...
  5. P

To the Aussies

Australia - National radio interview on the topic 'Exploring ME/CFS' - August 23 ME/CFS Australia (Victoria) is pleased to announce that we have secured a national radio interview on the topic 'Exploring ME/CFS' Those interviewed will include Mr Simon Molesworth QC President of ME/CFS...
  6. P

To the Aussies

Proposed ME/CFS VIC education sessions to Doctors News report from mecfsvic@yahoogroups.com.au: We are trying to secure both Dr Byron Hyde and Professor De Meirleir for an education session or maybe two education sessions to GP'S, medical academics/researchers throughout Victoria. A few...