• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Comment by 'foggyfroggy' in 'Connecting the dots ... Is ME/CFS a complex fungal intolerance? (part 6)'

I would be careful of Cistus - I've never heard this anywhere else, but but it sent me into full autoimmune arthritis. The pain in my hands and feet was incredible, and I still have a bit of it that flares up occasionally even two years later. It was definitely the Cistus too, and I had never...
  2. F

LED red intranasal light therapy

@Chris Will do. Thanks so much for sharing your research and for your input.:D
  3. F

Well, applying it to the base of my skull is kind of the attraction as I have a perpetual feeling of pain and inflammation where my skull meets my neck and just above. I think irradiating my nose with it might not be too good for the eyes 0.O Was thinking that one of the nasal units would be...
  4. F

I wonder about something like this as an alternative to the uber expensive external (not up the nose) type unit? I talked to the rep from Bio-Flex on the phone today and their unit costs $4400.00! http://shop.vetrolaser.com/Vetrolaser-Infrared-Cold-Laser-Package-With-Goggles-64500-8765432192.htm
  5. F

I hope he answers some questions from you guys in email since he seems to be more interested in answering questions on things like bunions on the air :(
  6. F

'Natural' antiretrovirals?

OLE Just another cautionary note about starting new things slowly. I can personally attest to the fact that some people are very sensitive to OLE - I (TMI alert) puked violently every 15 minutes for several hours when I tried it. Didn't connect the two, and took some more a few days later. Repeat.
  7. F

Prohealth thread on croton - Sangre de Grado

Anybody heard of this? Anti-viral? http://www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=1402678
  8. F

Stem Cells

New Cheney Newsletter It looks like Cheney finally has a report on his Stem Cell folks - does anyone here pay the big bucks to subscribe to his full newsletter?
  9. F

Internal tremors, anyone?

I had the internal vibration thing - felt like a really low note played on a real low musical instrument. Also sometimes like someone was tapping to get out ;-) Turned out to be Bartonella and when I treated it went completely away. And yes, I'd get it much worse if I was exhausted or in a flare.
  10. F

Thoughts on the methylation treatment for CFS

Excitotoxicity and Vitamin C So, anyone else find Vitamin C to be excitotoxic? Any ideas on what may cause this? Gretchen
  11. F

Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C

C Intolerance So, whenever I take more than about 4 grams of C I get neuro-excito-toxic and have fun things like convulsions. A big dose of calcium combined with Magnesium will bring me out of it but it's VERY unpleasant. This has happened to me since I was a kid and my mother read about vit. C...
  12. F

Stem Cells

Mr. Kite Mr. Kite - I was taking Hawthorne without much effect and my doc put me on Atenolol. A very low dose; just one pill per day and that on an "as needed" basis. It's a beta blocker and really helps me both with heart rythym and better energy which I translate to perhaps better...
  13. F

Stem Cells

dannybex THATS the kind of stuff I like to hear! :victory::victory::victory: Thanks for the encouragement! It's my master plan to get back to a life like that. :Retro biggrin: The age thing is a bit of a bummer though - 50 and feel like 100. Heck, I've known a couple of over 100's who'r...
  14. F

Stem Cells

m0joey Hi Joey, I'm looking forward to hearing your reports as it seems that we may be pretty similar in our 'bugs'. I have elevated EBV and have always felt that there is some relationship there and also have very high lead, which I'm working on. Hopefully I can get some of these things...
  15. F

Stem Cells

Who's going and when? I am hoping to go, but can't do the September trip - it'll have to be later this year or next year sometime. $$$$, y'know :Retro eek: Plus, that will give me time to assess how things are going for other folks, since I'm classic M.E. plus IGeneX positive for Lyme and...
  16. F

Stem Cells

I know that having a bunch of threads dedicated to stem cells idea has been nixed, but what if we had one thread for ONLY reports from people who have had or are currently undergoing stem cell therapy? No other discussions - that could stay on this thread - but just a very focused thread where...
  17. F

Stem Cells

Hi dsdmom, It seems to be neuroexcitatory for me as many things are, so it makes the low-level seizure stuff worse.
  18. F

Stem Cells

Y'know, I'm a Lymie as well as having classic M.E. - mostly neuro symptoms and I'm thinking that I'm going to really hammer down on my heavy metal detox as well as being more aggressive with the Lyme protocol that I'm on, just to get my bodies 'challenges' strightened out as much as I can. If...
  19. F

Stem Cells

And is this at the discount rate? All of the groups? Have they put a limit on how many people may use that rate? Thanks!
  20. F

Stem Cells

m0joey Do you guys have enough people yet that are committed to the trip to actually do it? I'm deeeeeeeply interested!