• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Buhner Lyme Protocol

Oh, and I also do Hot Yoga (Bikram) 2x a week to try to keep myself in a state of detox as much as possible. Not sure if you're in a state where you can handle that, but I highly recommend it, even if just sitting there in the heat. Alternatively, sauna-ing.
  2. B

Buhner Lyme Protocol

Lotus- I don't think Stephania is on his core protocol, is it? Are you taking it for specific symptoms? There was an issue with Stephandria a while ago where some other plant was being passed off as Stephania (containing Arachadonic Acid i think its called) and caused some poisonings, so I'd...
  3. B

Interesting Methylation Patent recently filed

This has some fairly interesting details that I thought I'd share for methylation supplements: http://www.google.com/patents/US20120231089
  4. B

Megadose B12 or folate and cancer link?

The particular Norwegian study I saw definitely used Folic Acid. It is not clear from the abstract what form of B12, but there are quite a few hits about Methyl-B12 reducing many cancers, and new forms of b12 consideration for cancer treatments, so you may be right that its using improper forms...
  5. B

Anyone experience tremors on B12 startup???

I came across some interesting studies on methylation (mainly SAMe) and tremors: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02815143?LI=true http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320508003780 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091305799002208 Apparently...
  6. B

How to bring up B12 level quick?

Oh man, that sucks that it doesn't get stored. Well, at least its the cheapest supplement I take monthly (like $4/bottle/month of enzy) :-) Small blessings!
  7. B

That's my question :) If you're comparing me to ALS patients, then, no. But if I look at the RDA for B12, compared to my 1mg enzymatic therapy + my 2mg adenosyl-b12 + my 800mcg Solgar Metafolin daily, then PROBABLY :)
  8. B

I take, and love, methyl b12 and adenosyl b12 and also 5-MTHF. I was recently warned by someone that taking too much can cause cancer. I did a small amount of research, basically googling "b12 cancer" and outside the first few saying it reduces quite a few cancers, I found...
  9. B

Thank you again, Idie and Marlene. Being a man, i'm more of a "power through" type, so I'll just fight through this if its just a well known side effect and not permanent. I'm scared to move to Rich's protocol, as Freddd has scared me that the short term relief is actually long term loss by...
  10. B

Idie, thank you SO MUCH for your response. You have no clue how freaked out I was. I immediately downed a bunch of Potassium, trying anything I could to reduce it. I was haunted with ideas that I might have Parkinson's or something even worse!!!! Really? Months??? It kept me up most of the...
  11. B

Hi, I've started the Freddd's Methylation stack, taking methylfolate 800mcg, adenosyl-b12 (2mg), methyl-b12 (1mg) sublingual. I also take a good multivitamin that contains L-MTHF and no folate (pure encap. ultranutrient 950). And a high dose of D3 (5000IU) since mine was measured low along with...
  12. B

Is there like a top level number? I'd obviously like to avoid injections at all costs. Should I suck on 5 a day? 10 a day? And would my liver store it at some point where I can start to reduce the number? It is *amazing* how quickly I can stop the neuropathy though. Literally 30 minutes after...
  13. B

To summarize, daily I take all sublingually: 1mg Enzymatic Therapy Methyl-B12 2mg Source Naturals Dibencozide 800mcg Solgar Metafolin Also, i cover the rest of the B's with a Pure Encapsulations Ultranutrients 950 (multivitamin with only L-MTHF, no folate/folinic)
  14. B

Hi, I was clinically diagnosed as low vitamin b12 status, so was told to bring it up. I've been sucking on 1 1mg Enzymatic Therapy B12 and 1/4 of an 8mg pill of Dibencozide to bring up my status. While doing this, I also added an 800mcg Solgar Metafolin as well to follow Freddd's protocol. Is...
  15. B

Should I go to pink urine with MB12?

Phred, I completely understand. I also am not CFS but suffer from clinical B12 deficiency as well, I learned only after being being bit by a tick. I probably had low stores for a long time due to being vegetarian, but, that seemed to raise the deficiency significantly to where I had the same as...
  16. B

Wow, Phred, did you find a larger bottle of the ET? I can only find 30/bottle. At that rate, you'd go through a bottle in less than 4 days!!! And 8 bottles a month! Do you plan to stay on the 4+4 ET dosage for an extended period, or are you in some sort of loading phase? (or do you just do it...
  17. B

Thanks Adster, that's what I was wondering myself. Wow, 8mg injected! I take 1mg sublingually. Should I be taking a lot more?
  18. B

Hi All, I was actually tested to be low in B12, which means I am probably VERY low by this point. I have been following Freddd's MB12+ADB12+Metafolin plan religiously for a few weeks now. I've been feeling better and better. I take a single Enzymatic Therapy 1mg B12 each morning. I know...
  19. B

Benefits of Mast Cell Disorder Drugs for ME/CFS?

So, have you heard anything positive/negative? Have they had any luck? My main symptom is evening headaches that seem more like pressure in the front of my head, along with general fogginess. I wonder if this is a build up of histamines through the day, and when I go to sleep, it clears me out...
  20. B

Benefits of Mast Cell Disorder Drugs for ME/CFS?

Anyone know if Luteolin would work similarly to Quercetin? I know this is being used in the Autism/MS community and it is also a Flavonoid.
  21. B

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

I would love if Freddd and some others who are very sensitive to MB12 would do the tests again with new brands. I've been tempted to try Jarrow since its 5mg vs 1mg in Enzymatic, but I'm scared based on recent mentions that its not as good in the plastic bottle. I'd love to be able to take 1...
  22. B

Tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) deficiency in CFS and the connection to folate metabolism

Is this also a pharmaceutical version of BH4 called Kuvan? http://www.kuvan.com/hcp/kuvan-full-prescribing-information.html It seems to come in 100mg tablets, much higher than the homeopathic dose. Interestingly, its used for treating PKU.
  23. B

ADENOSYLCOBALAMIN, THE VERY LARGE GORILLA IN THE ROOM

No, I was not referring directly to you. I just noticed that people were starting to supplement with extra boron because they somehow thought it was suggested based on the original paper. I wanted to make it clear that it is *not* in the original paper, that's all. :-) The reason its contained...
  24. B

I am really wondering why people keep bringing up Boron in this discussion. As was mentioned in page 1 of this thread and in the first paragraph of the introduction, H4B=8-tetrahydrobiopterin. Chemical formula: C9H15N5O3 Everyone adding Boron supplements based on this thread are simply reading...
  25. B

FYI, I believe the Adenosyl+Boron is a bit of a blast from the past as far as bodybuilding supplements. In the 90s, muscle mags were pushing Adenosyl for energy, and Boron for raising testosterone levels based on some study at the time. This is probably why the company producing it is called...