• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

VDR alleles

Neuroscience. 2013 Apr 16;236:77-87. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2013.01.035. Epub 2013 Jan 25. The vitamin D receptor in dopamine neurons; its presence in human substantia nigra and its ontogenesis in rat midbrain. Cui X, Pelekanos M, Liu PY, Burne TH, McGrath JJ, Eyles DW. Source Queensland...
  2. S

VDR alleles

Greenshots, I wish you had read this whole thing :) It doesn't help explaining what Dr. Yasko claims if her claim can't be supported by solid evidence. I've been reading Cohn & Roth on Metabolic Disease and Biochemistry and Disease, and I've been studying scientific papers available on line...
  3. S

VDR alleles

Thank you. I really appreciate your opinion! You are clearly concerned and objective. I've read the research paper you've provided (Genetics and biology of the vitamin D receptor polymorphisms) and it was a well explained topic and very interesting research. I believe you when you say Yasko is...
  4. S

VDR alleles

Dbkita, thank you for airing these suspicions and discussing the validity og SNP interpretation by Yasko. Very interesting. I've been around for half a century. I have no background from informatics or genetics (linguistics and anthropology) as the informatics came too late for me, but I'm a...