• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. thinpaperwings

Input requested on possible changes to simplified methylation protocol

It's entirely up to you. The way I see it, it *could* cause a problem, and given that it can do so without triggering diarrhea, I'd rather give up oatmeal in order to get better and get my life back. I had originally planned to test out gluten free oats after my gut has had enough time to...
  2. thinpaperwings

Input requested on possible changes to simplified methylation protocol

Oats contain a protein similar to the glutens in wheat, rye, and barley. In oats it's called avenin. Some people with celiacs disease react to it, and some don't. The research isn't clear as to wether it's a problem in general, but it's clearly a problem for some (and even for some who don't...
  3. thinpaperwings

How to ship blood to Health Diagnostics - practical questions...

GP, you can find it here: http://www.seekinghealth.com/methylation-pathway-panel-vitamin-diagnostics.html
  4. thinpaperwings

How to ship blood to Health Diagnostics - practical questions...

Vance, how did that work out for you? I'm in the same boat: I ordered the test through Ben Lynch, but the package didn't include anything saying that I'd prepaid it. Did the note work for you?
  5. thinpaperwings

Poll: Which methylB12 sublingual brands have you tried and found INeffective or no longer effective

This poll is meant to be a sibling poll to Poll: Which methyl-B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective. With the original poll alone, we can't see the difference between a brand that hasn't been tried versus a brand that has been tried and found to be ineffective (or less...
  6. thinpaperwings

Poll: Which Methyl B12 sublingual brands have you tried and found effective?

It might be informative to have a similar poll: "What brands have you tried and found to be ineffective (either they were never effective, or they used to be effective and now no longer are)". Would any one else be interested? If yes, should we add it to this poll (assuming you can have two...
  7. thinpaperwings

jarrow- did it change???

Hi all. This is my first post on the forum, but I've been reading for a little while. I'm slowly working my way through Freddd's behemoth thread. I haven't been diagnosed with CFS, but I've been struggling with fatigue, brain fog, difficulty with concentration and memory, and poor recovery...