• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Johannes Starke

went to Stanford CFS clinic -- a bit confused about treatment plan

I saw Dr Bonilla today. He was attentive and, while he still had a thick accent, I was able to understand him good enough. It's been 18 months since the last post in this thread--I gotta give Dr. Bonilla respect for sticking around and getting experienced in treating ME/CFS. For situation he...
  2. Johannes Starke

The Best Drug for ME/CFS? The Other Side of Klonopin: A Patient's Story and A Survey

Thank you for this fantastic blog. I couldn't have wished for more when I was googling about possible side effects of Klonopin in ME/CFS. Thank you, Cort, for the balanced view of the drug and including input from my favorite ME/CFS doctors.
  3. Johannes Starke

The Optimum Health Clinic and its Treatment and Research

Hi Annie, I was ill for two years before I started to improve.
  4. Johannes Starke

ME CFS conference in New York 20th November 2013 relating to treatment .

This is very hard to swallow. At the same time, based on how government government agencies have acted for as long as I can remember, it sounds like the hard truth.
  5. Johannes Starke

Come Discuss The Blue Ribbon film (with Ryan Prior)

Congrats on reaching out to the community through this forum. I'm very impressed with everything I've seen you do with regards to this movie, Ryan. With Gratitude, Johannes
  6. Johannes Starke

I concur with your view that their marketing trivializes ME. I wish they'd change it and make a better distinction between the conditions (Burn Out, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia) they're treating. I'm committed to doing a better job in that myself when I develop courses for people with ME/CFS. I...
  7. Johannes Starke

Thanks for putting this information out here, WhyME. I have also looked at the structure of the Optimum Health Clinic and came across the following things that seemed not as straight and clear as I would have liked to see it: Anna Duschinsky, director of psychology, is not actually a licensed...
  8. Johannes Starke

Phoenix Rising Board Statement Re: Cort Johnson’s Announcement

While I haven't participated in the forum rising forums, I've followed Phoenix Rising since its inception, have been helped tremendously by the information provided here, and feel motivated to share my thoughts on this transition. Firstly, I am sad that Cort is departing from Phoenix Rising...