• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

How Gut Bacteria Is Helping To Unpack Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

@ChrisArmstrong Were conjugated and unconjugated bilirubin levels examined during any of this research? I'm curious because I've fallen down a rabbit hole while trying to learn about the significance of alanine. In reading I found information about elevated bilirubin, which I have, and this led...
  2. G

Your opportunity to submit questions to an IOM committee member

It is with great appreciation for this opportunity that I submit my question. I am grateful for the explanation and clarification provided by Suzy Chapman for Dx Revision Watch (above) about the ICD process, and my question is this: If obtaining an ICD code for SEID will take time (at least one...
  3. G

NIH rejection of Lipkin funding request

Hi all, First I will say that the investigative and reporting work that Jennifer Spotilla is doing (Occupy CFS) is outstanding, and at the least patients should try to read, understand and share that information as much as possible. I can't really comment on the reason(s) why Lipkin's grant...
  4. G

2nd Annual 24 Hours in the Enchanted Forest: A Race to SolveCFS

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with ME/CFS 6 years ago. After many years of mountain biking and competing I thought there ought to be a cycling event that could benefit ME/CFS, so I contacted a race director I knew and told her about myself, ME/CFS, and my idea. She replied saying that she...
  5. G

doctor in Tucson or Albuquerque

Hi! I suppose it depends on what you are looking for. I was originally diagnosed with CFS and Fibromyalgia by Jacqueline Dean, MD (Rheumatologist) in Albuquerque. I have recently received relief of symptoms from Richard DeFelice, DOM DC. He practices acupuncture and chiropractics, as well as...