• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

What's the *cause* of alpha wave sleep disorder?

20 years of this problem and still going, what I'd give for a proper nights sleep!
  2. B

Poll: Freddd's B-12 Treatment Plan

The Thank you, I really appreciate that. I'm not able at present to look through those links, but do you know if they include the Very many thanks for your post, I appreciate it. I'll have a look at those links.
  3. B

Poll: Freddd's B-12 Treatment Plan

I am sure I am not alone here in being too sick to pour over hundreds of pages in numerous threads to work out what the latest suggestions are on how to approach Methylation, and that saddens and frustrates me greatly as here might be something that can help me, if only it was more accessible...
  4. B

I need help/supervision with methylation protocol.

I don't have any advice as I am facing a similar struggle to you and just don't know how to get started in the face of all this extremely complex information. But I do understand the difficulty you face and wish you well. I don't even know if there are doctors here in the UK who are expert...
  5. B

Cognitive- Do you forget what you learn because of CFS?

This affects me severely and has been the most distressing of my many symptoms for the past 18 years. It's soul-destroying to have all this time which I could use to learn and grow or just become absorbed in something enjoyable instead wasted just staring into space or aimlessly browsing the...
  6. B

The ME/CFS Stigma

Brilliant article, one to keep, for sure. Thank you for this!
  7. B

Anyone feel like this?

I wish you well with your tests and hope that things start to pick up again for you soon. Keep me posted on how you get on.
  8. B

Anyone feel like this?

This illness produces some weird and diverse symptoms, and some new ones from time to time to give us a bit of variety! But it is always sensible to mention new symptoms to your GP, as you've done. It's good that your doctor is listening to you and that they are investigating. I'm not sure...
  9. B

Anyone feel like this?

I was in an awful state at that time. I'm still struggling now, but not quite as desperate and out of control as I felt then. I have been trying a different medication for anxiety but don't seem to be able to tolerate it, so I may have to speak to my GP about something else. Like you, I feel...
  10. B

Anyone feel like this?

Yes, the physical symptoms of anxiety/depression can be very powerful, and very difficult to put up with. In my opinion, this type of anxiety/disordered thinking is related by the ME, with the brain function being so affected as it is. I resisted going on anti-depressants for a time as I...
  11. B

Anyone feel like this?

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time of things at the moment. It is reassuring that your other bloods are ok. I have found that my illness has gone through phases, sometime where old symptoms re-occur and sometimes new symptoms appear. When I was at the worst stage of being...
  12. B

Anyone feel like this?

Yes, I'm in Dorset. I ask my GP to do liver blood tests from time to time, they were within normal range last check, but it does fluctuate. Our experiences sound quite similar. At one stage, I was jumping from one organ/body system to the next, stomach, bowel, liver, gall-bladder, with...
  13. B

Anyone feel like this?

Oh, and just to add, I know too about the working yourself up to a frenzy worrying about certain symptoms - I absolutely convinced myself that I had stomach and bowel cancer at different times, but tests came back OK. It seems that the ME has affected my thinking and reasoning so profoundly...
  14. B

Anyone feel like this?

Hi, Just reading you're account, it sounds much like my experience. I've always been prone to anxiety, but since I've had ME (nearly 18 years officially) it's as if I'm stuck in high anxiety mode and just can't relax. I've had raised counts on my liver tests in the past too on and off, but...