• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

List Best Top 5 ME/CFS Doctors

Dr Susan Levine in NYC is very experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate
  2. N

Would you try Rituximab?

i really should not have quoted my doctor out of context without her permission. i think what she was referring to was other previous patients who have tried rituxim. she was not referring to any conclusive, definitive, final "results" of the current study. she has a large amount of longtime...
  3. N

Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post a link to the broiled-oranges fast, in case anyone is interested: http://drsingha.com/blog/drsinghas-broiled-orange-fast-interview/ I will post again if I do go through with it, and let everyone know how it went... Thanks!
  4. N

Hi, I just wanted to clarify that I did not get this fasting protocol from an internet post, but from a friend of a friend. He says he was a fully bedridden CFS patient, which I have no way to positively confirm, I just have to take his word for it. Believe me, I am as skeptical as anyone can...
  5. N

Hi SOC, I don't know if you were responding to my post in particular, or just to the fasting thread in general, but I wanted to stress that I wouldn't be considering the fast if another CFS patient hadn't said it really helped him. He recommended it to me in 2007, so I haven't exactly been...
  6. N

Hi everyone, I am a 15-year CFS patient, who's tried just about everything, but I've always avoided fasts, as I have zero willpower, and every restricted diet I've ever tried hasn't helped in the slightest. But a friend of a friend told me he was able to get better after seeing a holistic doctor...
  7. N

Would you try Rituximab?

hi, i have no idea about cost or requirements. if u are interested i wd make an appt to see dr susan levine on 72nd st in nyc. her # is 212-472-4816. good luck, nicholas
  8. N

Would you try Rituximab?

they definitely are nowhere close to having full results (as far as i know they have just recently begun). this is just anecdotal from a discussion with my doctor, who is also fielding patients for the Klimas Rituxim study. I think they have just begun, but when I asked her if it was worth it...
  9. N

Would you try Rituximab?

there is a rituxim study just underway overseen by dr nancy klimas in miami. i was invited to take part in the study, but i am too ill to move and it requires 6 mos in either miami or nyc. also, i did not want to relocate and then end up getting the placebo! (i am no longer in nyc) from what i...
  10. N

Figure out what causes Relapses (Fall)

thanks very much for your response. i know this disease is different in all of us. i have also had (brief) success spending time in miami. because nyc is my lifelong hometown i have been hesitant to leave, but it seems like i may have no choice. i doubt living in an easier climate will be a...
  11. N

Figure out what causes Relapses (Fall)

i have had CFS for 12 years. my relapses seem to occur during the change of seasons, either autumn or spring. i also usually go into remission in the summer. i'm considering leaving nyc for california, to see if the gentler climate might help. i'm curious if anyone w CFS has improved after...