• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Dan Neuffer

What category do you fall into for your diet?

Hi Timaca, I think you hit on the head with your last comment in terms of what a health diet is. I only disagree with a couple of aspects. Personally, given the inflammation and direct link to heart disease as well as many others, that excessive Omega 6 fats play, I see a lot of support for...
  2. Dan Neuffer

Hi - well, I don't doubt that you eat a great diet - good for you. It is my view that a huge proportion of people, vegetarian or not, eat a poor diet. A stricly veg diet in my view has to increase their carb consumption in order to meet their calory consumption, which can be a problem for...
  3. Dan Neuffer

Hi Timica, You make a really valid point about the limitation of the poll. Also, I don't think it has been designed that well and am not convinced people are always answering the question I was really wanting to ask, which is whether the have a history of vegetarianism/veganism. It isn't...
  4. Dan Neuffer

Yes I understand that most people realise that their symptoms improve from adjusting their diet, I was really curious to find out how many ate a vegetarian/vegan diet now or at some time before they made the changes.
  5. Dan Neuffer

I understand why such diets may not have been helpful for you. The reason why I excluded short trials is because a short trial is not likely to have a long term benefit or detriment to your health. What has made me do the poll is that I seem to meet an extraordinary high number of people...
  6. Dan Neuffer

Really interesting to hear everyone's experience and views, hopefully we can get to a couple of hundred votes at least.
  7. Dan Neuffer

Yes, but we really need some big numbers to give it true consideration! Hopefully everyone will click their vote to add to the tally.
  8. Dan Neuffer

Interesting - so you became vegetarian after you got ill (in an attempt to feel better?) but were not vegetarian during or before the time you became ill?
  9. Dan Neuffer

NOTE: If you have been Vegetarian/Vegan for a significant period of your life, please choose one of the first 3 options that fits best. Again, I understand that many people change their mind regarding what to eat over time - thanks for showing each other a tolerant attitude.
  10. Dan Neuffer

This survey may lead to some very interesting results. Most of us realise how different foods can have a big impact on our health if we have been unwell for some time. In some ways, I suspect that people with ME/CFS/Fibro actually have a better diet than the average "healthy" person...