• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

Is this considered a high viral-load?

Everything always comes back normal. I've never had NK cells tested, but my cytokines were a little low..I think I might have been slightly TH2 dominant. Interestingly I had an appendicitis a few months ago and my surgeon said my initial labs came back and it looked like my immune system wasn't...
  2. V

Is this considered a high viral-load?

I uploaded a pic of my antibodies labs.. let me know what you think
  3. V

CBS a360 - reason to stop MTHFR supplements ?

Homozygous on CBS a360 Is this enough to warrant stopping methyl-B12 and methyl-folate in order to treat CBS fist? Yasko sort of freaked me out after I just read her book. Thanks
  4. V

High IgGs...what does it mean?

Got a prescription for Famvir 500mg 2x a day.
  5. V

"Dyshidrosis" (small blisters on hands and/or feet) anyone?

I have them on my fingers, not bad tho. Also i am not celiac.
  6. V

Hello, My first post. EBV AB VCA, IGG >8 Left my job. Sick.

My story is similar. Take hydrocortisone again. 7.5mg 4 time a day starting at 6am and every 4 hours Get cmv hhv1 hh6 mycoplasma and vzv tested Take antivirals depending on which infections u have
  7. V

CPPS Prostatitis Pudendal neuralgia

I have it too. If you look around some other guys do too but they call it cpps or prostatitis. Same thing. One guy mentions it went away when he used HIV antivirals. Have you used any antivirals or anything else yet?
  8. V

What is the general consensus on LDN in conjunction with antivirals? Does it improve immune function or natural killer function? How does it compare to the other "immune boosters"?
  9. V

Thanks. Since I have EBV should I take Valtrex too or is it not needed?
  10. V

If I were to treat with anti-virals....what would I use Valtrex is not enough, right? I would need either Valcyte or Famvir? Which is better/cheaper?
  11. V

EBV: >8 (0-0.9) CMV: 7.8 (0-0.9) HSV-1: 5.55 (0-1.9) HSV-2: Negative Lyme: Negative
  12. V

For example. EBV IgG = >8 (0-0.9) ??
  13. V

Thanks Emma that is very helpful!
  14. V

I have high IgG for EBV and CMV, but normal IgM. My Dr says that its ok and no treatment is needed. Is he right?
  15. V

hiv medication and non- bacteriological prostatitis

Have you had EBV, CMV, HHS6 tested? Have you used any other anti-virals and if so did they help? This study shows that Isentris is good for all herpes viruses. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100923081859.htm Also, have you ever used Saw Palmetto, Accutane, Propecia...
  16. V

Finding the "sweet spot" with hydrocortosine??

B12 or b6 never helped me much....same w folate Cortef + T3 in order to clear reverse T3 helped me a ton. By far the biggest improvement was from that so far...
  17. V

Anyone have prostatitis and ME?

My symptoms attributed to CPPS.... -Weaker urine stream -Urinate more often -Sometimes a dull ache in my perineum -Sharp shooting pains about once a month -Worsened erection quality -Sometimes cold/numb penis (less sensitive) -Sometimes a smaller, constricted (hard but not erect hard) penis...
  18. V

Finding the "sweet spot" with hydrocortosine??

I take 20mg right now. I have been up to about 30-35. I do not have addisons disease either but HC helps with my brain fog and energy substantially.
  19. V

Anyone have prostatitis and ME?

I have prostatitis. It is actually CPPS/Pelvic Floor dysfunction, but 90% of the time this is misdiagnosed as prostatitis.