• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

A Neuroinflammatory Model of ME/CFS - Final Part?

Sorry. I don't know about the details. But I hear there are only 6 or so PET scans which can find neuro inflammation in Japan now, but by using some materials even MRI may be able to find inflammation. I am not quite sure about it.
  2. H

I didn't have a PET and have no tachycardia. My doctor said you would be able to test neuroinflamation by 100,000 yen (800$) soon at almost all hospitals.
  3. H

Yesterday I was prescribed Ibudilast by the leader of research team in Japan. The doctor said it improves the blood circulation of the brain and suppress some cytokine. Some patients have recovered dramatically, but some has had no effect. I started to take it yesterday.
  4. H

Neuroinflammation in Patients with CFS/ME: PET study

I heard this test cost about 1 million yen.
  5. H

Report on Dr. Jose Montoya's talk at Stanford on March 3, 2011

Hi,I noticed we can add subtitles to online movies at amara's site. http://www.amara.org/ja/videos/WnOwyXgFiktD/info/stanfords-dr-jose-montoya-on-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/ But I am not so good at listening English. Any volunteer for English subtitles? If I can read English subtitles, I will be...
  6. H

Research in Japan

Thanks! Snow Leopard, Then the total is $871,935, right?
  7. H

Research in Japan

The Japanese government had published the research fund by last year, but now it's not public. So I asked the research leader. I looked the link, but I couldn't find the fund of CFS. Could you tell me how to find it?
  8. H

Research in Japan

Hi, I saw a research leader in Japan about a week ago. I asked the amount of research fund. He said it is 15 million yen(15 thousand USD) per year. It is too small, isn't it? I'd like to know how much each government grant. Could you tell me about that?
  9. H

I've already seen it. But I don't buy the DVD.
  10. H

After I will be given a permission from Stanford hospital. I will have them send the data of the movie by web storage service. I'll add the subtitles to it and upload it to Youtube.
  11. H

I was very encouraged by Dr. Montoya's movie. I'd like to share this movie with the Japanese people. To do so, the Japanese subtitles should be added and I have to negotiate with Stanford Univ. But I am not so good at English, so I can't do that by myself. Could someone help me?
  12. H

Research in Japan

Yes, it is a large. But the research fund is trivial.
  13. H

Research in Japan

I don't think so. The amount of research fund of all diseases hasn't changed much. Japanese government granted huge money in fatigue research. The research of CFS was conducted in the fatigue research. So much money was assigned to CFS. But a Japanese patient group criticized the government...
  14. H

Research in Japan

No, the amount of research fund of all diseases has not changed much. Sorry I don't know. I think the Japanese government doesn't do that. I hear that the economic costs1.2 billion yen($15 million). But I don't know about measures.
  15. H

Research in Japan

That's right. The decline of Japanese research affects all patients all over the world.
  16. H

Research in Japan

It seems that the government dismissed the achievements by researchers and research in Japan is disappearing.
  17. H

Research in Japan

You know Japan has been very active in CFS and the research fund of it was huge. But it has been drastically reduced from this year. The sum is only 6 million yen ($76,000). The researchers can't even research the etiology but do only epidemiology. What do you think about this bad situation?