• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. poohsilk

Is neural/limbic retraining (DNRS) a treatment for ME/CFS or not?

I feel the need here to defend the kind of self help brain retraining done to improve ones health. The DNRS or Gupta programs don't have you follow a leader. The only goal is to attain better helth and you do it yourself. I had a friend say she thought it was like gaslighting, meaning, I...
  2. poohsilk

Is neural/limbic retraining (DNRS) a treatment for ME/CFS or not?

Try Dr joe Dispenza on you tube and read his book first . Similar practice about stopping and overcoming mental and emotional blocks, beliefs and perceptions every day, then visualizing future self with elevated emotions. It has helped me alot. I believe it has to do with how deeply entrenched...
  3. poohsilk

Coffee Enemas!!

@ahmo ahmohow long to hold additive supps water post CE ?
  4. poohsilk

Fibro/chronic pain remodels epidermal nerve fiber density (ENFD) or low ENFD causes fibro/pain? Are skin biopsy with fibro inconclusive?

Hello, your original post mentions muscle pain and not much description about any nerve pain so it puzzles me that you were going to a neurologist for it unless you are r hypothesizing the origins of pain. I know that when I used to take a lot of methylcobalamin I had nerve pains. when I...
  5. poohsilk

Closing throat/strangling sensation

My throat would close up when living in moldy house. Mold was not visable. Tested swab swifter tests thru Mycometrics in NJ.
  6. poohsilk

Re-activated Shingles, herpes zoster healed.

I just wanted to post about my herpes zoster reactivation. I had a reactivation of it recently when I had high stress and I was eating nuts every day for 16 days. The nuts are high Arginine. I realized I was having a reactivation of shingles after 20 years of not having anything of the kind...
  7. poohsilk

Question on PK diet

My husband and I started a keto diet mid-march. I found I could not stand to be without starch so once a week I eat rice noodles. I know that's not the best but I also found my histamine problems exploded and I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. I added Dairy and fat to my diet and was really...
  8. poohsilk

93% of CFS patients tested positive for mold/mycotoxins?!

It us available by BodyBio or Quicksilver. The most I can remember is that melatonin is very important chemistry in our brain, the pineal gland and I got this idea from dr. Klingonheart and many of his patients used it to help clear their brain. They also used as a covid prophalaxis and...
  9. poohsilk

93% of CFS patients tested positive for mold/mycotoxins?!

Just a few tidbits pertaining to this conversation thread and reply to hb4787. I know I get sicker with mold although I am less sensitive now as I have calmed my nervous system, beliefs and perceptions. I have lived in several verified moldy places ,WDBs. Very bad actually and for 8 years last...
  10. poohsilk

Comment by 'poohsilk' in 'My Detox Story: Coffee Enemas.'

Ahmo, here we are in 2021 and i printed out your blog on extendedd CEs. I want to thank you because I feel great after doing these. So far, I add just the basics you mention- lysine glycine butyrate ornithing salt bicarb at the end. But it really helps. However, Histamine or MCA has become the...
  11. poohsilk

Cholestyramine (CSM) Treatment - Elimination of Toxins

Hi SOund the Alarm, I am searching here to see if anyone was helped, (detoxed) from the Particia Kane protocol but I may need to read all day long to find something. DId you benefit. Now in CA in 2021 the IVs are $415. (Yes, I somehow did not hear that when I signed up and they gave me nothing...
  12. poohsilk

Here's the CBS & sulfate/sufite answer

I found this old thread! I still cant eat most high sulfur foods although chewable molybdenum seems to have helped. Possibly mb-12 has helped but I've been doing those on and off for years (mb12 and ad/hy 12) What is there new in this topic? I listened to and tried the naturopath Nighy...
  13. poohsilk

Liver repair?

Thank you Rufus for your comments about traditional Chinese medicine herbs. I may look into that. In regards to mito support I know there's a supplement company called Mito something. I know some of the typical things which are suggested for mitochondrial support and I know the theory that...
  14. poohsilk

Liver repair?

Thanks Carl. I have been using phosphatidylcholine BodyBio (german) in liquid form as it is suggested to be the best or maybe only real absorbent way. This was recommended by Doctor Andrew can't remember his last name for reducing inflammation in chronic inflammatory diseases before addressing...
  15. poohsilk

Liver repair?

Thank you for this information on a liver. I will revisit it although I have read it before. My problem is it I have become sensitive to everything especially supplements and sulfur Foods. I feel much worse when I have sulfur foods and I am on a low sulfur diet and a low oxalate diet which...
  16. poohsilk

Liver repair?

I have been coming here for long time but not often enough latley! . I'm looking for the subjects of liver. I believe my gastrointestinal problems most of my malaise and achiness comes from my liver not working well and thereby causing constipation which I have tried everything for. I do coffee...
  17. poohsilk

Anyone tried Limbic Retraining: Dynamic Neural Retraining System?

Thanks for posting Sue! I am also doing DNRS for the same reasons you write about. Before that while in mold I did Gupta. Finally moved out of the second moldy dwelling. I think this current one in a drier climate (CA) is safe but I am so sensitive to everything- foods, electricity, etc that...
  18. poohsilk

Gut Bacteria Linked to Depression Identified

I just started adding Ghee, which is clarified and de-milked butter. I hope it has butyrate.
  19. poohsilk

florence I am in my 5th month of the Gupta Programme so not yet but in the future i will gladly pass it along. It has helped tremendously. I have seen benefits to my health and mind and moods for the first time in years (30 odd years). So I am doing the daily exercises more now, which I didn't...
  20. poohsilk

Thanks all for these comments which I read in my researching DNR. I think I will go ahead and get the DVD program of Hopper because we (two of us) need a lift out of the never ending downward spiral of our thinking due to illness (Lyme, mold). Now that I, again, think it is the hidden mold in...
  21. poohsilk

Adrenal Glandular

Paralee, There was B6 in many supplements I was taking. It only totaled 86mg/day all together, nonetheless, my blood levels were very high, over 100. So, the Doc warned me about that and said it can cause nerve damage. I have read others experience with the nerve damage as well. I thought I felt...
  22. poohsilk

Potassium Amounts Queries/MB12 for mood

For several years I took Jarrow mb12 sl 5000 Mcgs a day. Although it gave me energy it gave me anxiety as well and I think I was just flogging a dead horse. Now, I take one quarter of a Jarrow 1000 micro grams and not every day. This is because I think I do not tolerate methyls or methyl donors...
  23. poohsilk

FRANKINCENSE Article - Very Best Essential Oil For Lyme Brain (?)

This is very interesting to me. I started using Frankincense last November and for a couple of months the put just a touch in the roof of my mouth nightly and/or a drop on my feet or swollen neck lymph nodes. I was in miserable shape and started thyroid support and hydrocortisone as well as a...
  24. poohsilk

Adrenal Glandular

Ninan, Did you have the 24 hour saliva adrenal test?
  25. poohsilk

Adrenal Glandular

Interesting Catjbro. I will have to research those. It seems the whole world is getting more fatigue (or anxiety) and I am often making recommendations to non-cfs, no-diagnosis, "normal people" regarding vitamins, b-12, thyroid, adrenals, lyme...
  26. poohsilk

Adrenal Glandular

I took Enzymatics Adrenal Stress End which is adrenal cortex(ACE) for about 6 years but have switched to plain adrenal Cortex by Thorne for no reason other than I was cutting out B6 and Thorne seemed like a good company. Whole adrenal gland, versus just the cortex, will give you adrenally surges...
  27. poohsilk

Hydrocortisone & Thyroid Hormone Use in ME/CFS + Misdiagnosing Rarer Hypothyroidisms as ME/CFS

I will definitely post after I try the iodine for a while.
  28. poohsilk

how relevant is hypothyroidism to CFS?

Laura, I have had "CFS" for many years. 5 years ago got active Lyme on top of it. Anyway this past winter a new Doc started me on HC first as one should get the adrenal up first then on to T3 slowly, adding that to my Armour thyroid which I have been on for years at a very low dose. I also take...
  29. poohsilk

Coffee Enemas!!

I would just add my vote that Coffee enemas which I have done no more than once weekly but not always that often have helped me thru many miserable days of "toxic" malaise and headaches when none of the other remedies helped. Drinking coffee has not the same effect. i can only take so much...