• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

First Cidofovir Infusion Done!

Ema, I've seen Dr. Lerner in the past. I now see a doc in California that could facilitate the infusions. It sounds like there's a fair risk of complications for some people (even though folks like yourself have had a smooth experience w/ cidofovir). Do you know which department at Beaumont you...
  2. S

First Cidofovir Infusion Done!

@Ema Thank you for your thread on your cidofovir treatment. It has been very informative. I am considering doing cidofovir and could travel to Beaumont Hospital for the infusions. I was wondering: Do you/will you get the infusions every two weeks indefinitely, or for a specified number of...
  3. S

2 more positive XMRV studies (prostate cancer) plus a new Silverman/Klein XMRV study

Why Dr. Silverman publishes but not Dr. Mikovits Can someone tell me why it is that Dr. Silverman, a co-author of the Science study, can still get his work published while Dr. Mikovits cannot? I have read in oher postings that she is stigmatized by the XMRV contamination issue until it is...
  4. S

Lo/Alter study's tests of 15yr old samples could weaken prostate cell contam. theory

Your point is well taken, but as I understand it, the crux of Hue's argument is that it was the event of studying prostate cancer cells using mouse material that formed XMRV and that this event took place around 1999. So if Komaroff's old samples are shown to have XMRV then I think that blows a...
  5. S

Lo/Alter study's tests of 15yr old samples could weaken prostate cell contam. theory

Take a close look at this passage from Lo et al from August, 2010, page 5/6, first paragraph, col.2. Recall that noted CFS clinician Anthony Komaroff was also part of this work: "Testing of the repeat blood samples, ~15y after the index sample, showed that seven of eight patients examined had...
  6. S

Feb. Retrovirology Paper-CDC: It's the patients not the test!

You are correct regarding the healthy controls in the CDC study. In my opinion, the CDC scientists are obligated to tell the research community how exactly they chose their healthy controls population. Are they people in the same community(ies) in the U.S. as are the CFS pts.? Did they choose a...
  7. S

Feb. Retrovirology Paper-CDC: It's the patients not the test!

I haven't read all the threads & posts on this new bombshell from CDC, but few folks are mentioning what seems to be the real problem w/ CDC replication of WPI's work. I believe the CDC is likely selecting patients using their own CFS Empirical Definition in their published studies and implying...