• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

massage?

Thank you folks. I'm a bit too ill just now but might try when I pick up a bit
  2. P

massage?

I have severe ME , bedbound mainly. A friend knows someone who has recently trained in masage therapy who would be willing to come to the house. But I'm a bit worried it would make me worse and wonder if there is any advice I could give her, other than just saying I'm very unwell!. A newly...
  3. P

Ultrainflamx

Can Ultrainflamax cause a detox reaction do you think? Its really helping my gut but I am in a relapse. Don't know what's caused it/ Many thanks in advance for replies.
  4. P

New doctor wants to treat empirically for Lyme, good idea?

when you say "mainstream" tests Valentijn and Esther12 do you mean the tests that are done by the NHS? or a US lab? I live in the UK where apparently the NHS test is really very poor.Dr mYhill now recommends (with reservations I think) the Elispot LTT as being the better test although none of...
  5. P

confused about tests for Lyme. Help please?

I'm sorry if I confused anyone.I am not very tech literate and thought the first post did not work as I could not see it after posting. It was not my intention to annoy or confuse anyone. I don't know what @Ema means or C6 but thank you for bothering to reply
  6. P

I'm confused by all the tests. What test would forum users consider to be the most effective? the NHS test in the uK is apparently rubbish. thanks
  7. P

Can anyone recommend a good test for Lymes Disease? I live in the UK and have had 3 negative NHS tests over the last 15yrs. However, I know the NHS test is unreliable and probably more so in my case as I got ill in Asia so if I do have Lymes it will be a different strain (I assume). Dr Wright in...
  8. P

Living the Half-life of ME/CFS

I thought that was a brilliant account of living with ME Jody. I could relate to absolutely everything you said. I hope you go from strength to strength. I'm going to print it out (remove your name so it remains anonymous in case you would object) and sent it to members of my family who don't...