• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. EJE

SOS – Need Help Could Get Sectioned (Mental Health Act)

It may seem strange to suggest but MIND, a mental health charity in the UK, have good advice and can advise re legal issues, including giving urgent advice in a crisis. They have a section on legal rights. http://www.mind.org.uk/ Legal Advice Tel: 0300 123 3393 or email legal@mind.org.uk They...
  2. EJE

Asthma, steriods & melatonin

My asthma has got much worse and my doctor has prescribed a course of oral steroid tablets (prednisone). I've not taken them before - started today, but understand they can make sleep harder. I take melatonin to help with sleep (reverse sleep pattern), but I'm wondering if it is okay to take...
  3. EJE

How to lower norepinephrine

I'm taking Clenil (a type of corticosteroid) for asthma and have recently had to increase the dose. Usually I have sleep reversal not being fully awake until late morning, but the last couple of days I've woken much earlier and been wide awake(but not been going to bed any earlier). Could this...