• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

"Fatigue is not a disease" - Unger Responds, Advocates Launch Petition

Hello Firestorm, The phrase "fatigue is not a disease" came from Erica Verrillo. See ProHealth post: http://www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=18131
  2. A

Petition to DHHS for Disease Appropriate Definition and Name

The Canadian Consensus Criteria (CCC) is not out of date. When you ask a governmental body to adopt a case definition, it has to have been tested and found reliable. Over the past ten years, the CCC has been used in research and diagnosis. It has been found to be much more accurate in...
  3. A

Spanish HIV Experts Give Aid to ME/CFS

Joel, this was a great article! You are a wonderful writer, with a good grasp of the concepts, and enough background to understand the research. Contact me: lebaronangie@yahoo.com.
  4. A

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition free on April 20 and 21

For everyone who missed the last free days, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition is being offered for free again on April 20 and 21. Put it on your calendars. You do not need a Kindle to read this book. Amazon offers free apps that will allow you to download the book directly...
  5. A

Free ebook, CFS treatment guide

I bought this book three weeks ago and it's been like a prayer answered. Now the author is giving it away! Don't miss this! "FREE BOOK! On January 19th and January 20th, 2013, Amazon.com will be giving away free copies of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition. Dr. Charles...
  6. A

ANNOUNCEMENT: Portland CFS/ME/FM Webinar on December 13, 2012

Our webinar is this coming Thursday, Dec. 13th from 1-2:30PM (PST) (that's 4-5:30 on the East Coast) and the topic is Q&A with “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide” author, Erica Verrillo. We would really appreciate you sending any questions you have in ahead of time to...
  7. A

Second edition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide

I bought the first edition when it came out in 1998, and I practically LIVED in that book. (I think I slept with it.) It was the absolute best book on treatments. I saw on Amazon that the new edition is about double the length of the first book, so I downloaded it onto my computer. (Very easy...