• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. maria

In the End

2. maria

Comment by 'maria' in 'Some New Hope'

I am glad you have some relief planned... "Words hardly express how frightening and overwhelming it can be to see the fragile strings of your life snapping one by one while you are desperately trying to stop your life from dissolving more each day. " You are not alone, I know how terrifying...
  3. maria

Comment by 'maria' in 'Chaos, dissension, control issues and cruelty'

Adam . | Edit | Reply . Cort - Today 04:15 PM Thanks, Adam. The fact is that everyone is a guest here. If we end up running the Forums in an inappropriate manner then people will leave - and that will be our mistake - but everyone is a guest and me and moderators have to decide how...
  4. maria

Comment by 'maria' in 'Chaos, dissension, control issues and cruelty'

I stand by my words. I speak of my experience and the way things affect me. My intent is not to create more chaos, only to speak the truth as i see it. I would ask any future posters of all opinions try to bring peace in their writing. As stated above, we all know the loss of control, the pain...
  5. maria

Chaos, dissension, control issues and cruelty

I am trying to fully quantify all that being sick has taken away from me. The progressive downward movement has been much like losing my balance on steps covered in ice as I claw at the air in a desperate attempt to catch myself. I am unable to finish college. I am unable to have a career. I...
  6. maria

Clothes sensitivity?

The first thing i do when i get home is rip those awful outdoor clothes off. (there is usually a trail of clothes in descending order leading to the bedroom). The only thing I wear unless i have to go out is indoor specified loose cotton shirts and loose pajama pants....and of course, squishy...
  7. maria

Comment by 'maria' in 'incoherent babbling watch at your own risk'

at the risk of sounding even more sad whats so sad?
  8. maria

Comment by 'maria' in 'incoherent babbling watch at your own risk'

:Retro biggrin: no i didn't take them my friend did i was too paranoid to carry an expensive breakable camera over rocks and water :Retro eek:
  9. maria

Do you have crimson crescents?

In response to Jackie...and no, Countrygirl, i'm thinking they ain't suppose to be there.. I have not had any viral testing done by my doctor that i'm aware of...but i really would like to...and unfortunately I really am an adult...technically...(although does it really count when your...
  10. maria

incoherent babbling watch at your own risk

11. maria

Do you have crimson crescents?

I have obsessively gagged myself with a fair amount of drool and loads of squinting and glasses shoving but I don't see any crimson crescents. I do have little red blisters all over the very very back of my throat where you have to push your tongue down and say ahhhh to see. I have these all the...
  12. maria

hiding

13. maria

Beached whales, dental hygiene and wabbling

I really meant to talk about some impending medical stuff...the kind that resembles the ghost of christmas future knocking on the door..but i just couldn't focus....hence we have beached whales, dental hygiene and wabbling. :Sign Oops:
  14. maria

Letter from Dr Mikovits to the editor of the IACFS Bulletin

I love our Dr. Judy. She doesn't care one bit about the possibility of being squashed or keeping her research secret for money. They can't squash a precise guide on how to find XMRV once its on the web...especially when its reached our grubby little...
  15. maria

maria

16. maria

Laundry: the hole entirely too long saga...deep...dark....and thankfully clean

You really get to know yourself too well sometimes...