• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Dr MyHill's License in Jeopardy

From you, I take that as a compliment. :Retro wink:
  2. F

Because of the timeline of the complaints (ie. Jonas's was second) then it was almost certainly piggy-backed onto the orignal complaint from the group of Doctors. While I agree it might look as though Jonas's complaint made the GMC act quickly I think that is just coincidence; and even without...
  3. F

It's a joke, shamelessly copied from Private Eye who use it whenever one of their spoof columnists has repeated themselves for the umpteenth time. The only editor is me and there is nothing more to it. :Retro biggrin: My purpose here is to try to correct and hopefully educate those readers...
  4. F

Oh so that makes her advice so much better :Retro rolleyes:. For the type of lung cancer that it is relevant to 60% of such patients will die unnecessarily or unnecessarily early. I take it you're happy with that. True, mainly because of the number of false positives. But her advice is to...
  5. F

Yes, it is extremely tedious correcting untrue statements whose veracity is easily verifiable from a simple reading of the transcript. It brings into question anything else you say which is not easily verifiable. For those who think Dr Myhill can do no (or little) wrong you should be asking...
  6. F

They must merely notify the Secretary of State and here is the relevant quote from the act: Section 35B. Notification and disclosure by the General Council (1) As soon as is reasonably practicable after the relevant date, the General Council shall notify the following of an investigation by...
  7. F

Mark's post was headed: "A few facts by way of a personal summary of the case so far..." B12 and magnesium sulphate injections. And it was the recommendation of them, not the prescribing as has been made clear in this thread and by the GMC. My italics - there is no evidence she added...
  8. F

I don't admit anything, GMC make it clear that this is the main complaint. I don't think we can be sure the GMC only started investigation on the receipt of the second complaint. Your other points there are valid and I completely agree. They should have acted faster, I too would want to know...
  9. F

Let's just see how many are facts, and facts relevant to the complaints. All irrelevant to the complaint and a matter of opinion. To the embarrassment of Myhill's QC she has indeed been subject of a patient complaint (and she would have known there had been a complaint)...
  10. F

Silly me, of course, because it is Jonas's fault that she's had her license restricted. And there was me thinking that it was substance of the complaint (not the complainant) that the GMC were looking at. There's not a chance in the world that she'll be able to recover any costs to do with this...
  11. F

Since it was the substance of the complaint that was investigated then it wouldn't make a scrap of difference if the complainant was her worst enemy. It is the substance of the complaint that has been upheld. There fixed that for you. I actually don't want you to work out why Dr Myhill...
  12. F

Ah, yes but calling someone a coward is fine as long as you've got several hundred posts to your name.... Let's just say for argument's sake that a judge does let you find the identity of Jonas. What difference is it going to make to what the esteemed Dr Myhill has to do to her website and...
  13. F

You assume too much, one member of my family (likely) has an ASD (had he been born in the last 20 years probably would have been diagnosed as such) and another has CFS. I have reasonable, first-hand understanding of the suffering and frustration that both cause. Though I think that is irrelevant...
  14. F

My bold: so I take it you don't know that she doesn't know. I would be extremely surprised if she did not know the substance of the allegations. I think the post of Jonas's is quite clear as to what the problems are. May be, but: 1) not at the levels she is recommending: 2) She...
  15. F

This is odd. Myhill's website veers between complaining she doesn't know what the accusations are to complaining that I'd be grateful if you could point me to where the GMC state that they don't tell her what the allegations are because I've tried to find it but can't. However, I don't...
  16. F

It is interesting to note that Dr Myhill made a very public song and dance about the complaint *before* Jonas mentioned it, so the publicity is all hers. Lack of anonymity in making complaints also means that complaints don't get made when they should be for fear of reprisal. The GMC are...
  17. F

I suspect no-one will listen to the following, but it's worth a try: The full complaint was not done during a coffee break. A speculative email was written to which the GMC said (and I'm paraphrasing here) if you want us to investigate then you need to make a full complaint, which he did. All...