• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Patriciann

A Hidden Life

I was diagnosed in 1998 and after falling so often I use a rolling seated walker with hand brakes to allow me to function away from my home. I use a cane on my better days and this combined with a shopping cart allows me to do shopping about four to six times a year -- yes, I drove about 25...
  2. Patriciann

How can isolation, loneliness and inability to make friendships be managed.

I think most of us can fully relate and know how important it is to have 'balance' -- take very good care and catch up when you are able.
  3. Patriciann

How can isolation, loneliness and inability to make friendships be managed.

Wow, this hit home for me. My husband died in 03 during my final week of chemotherapy for my advanced stage colon cancer we had endured the surgery for and here I was alone with CFS/ME and mostly bed bound. Friends moved on with their lives and seem resentful that I have remained ill. Years...