• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

In memory of Thomas M Hennessy Jr.

Thanks Roy! That link works great. Great photo of Rodney Dangerfield and No Respect! Very appropriate. Sarah
  2. S

In memory of Thomas M Hennessy Jr.

Roy S, could you make that link so it works? the ... in the middle seem to be a problem, maybe. At any rate, the link goes nowhere for me, even when I am logged in! The loss of Tom is huge to me though I did not know him personally. From the earliest days of my life with this illness, I was...
  3. S

A neuro-immune model of ME/CFS.

I found Pembrey, read its postal town is Llanelli, in Wales. But I can make no sense of Tir Na Nog. Is that yet a smaller town than Pembrey? Seems to be the location of the first author, whoever that is.
  4. S

Dr. Kogelnik interviewed in MECFS Alert Episode 22/23 re Open Medicine Institute

Dr Kogelnik In the interviews with Llewellyn King, Dr Kogelnik says he got interested from working with Jose Montoya at Stanford. Hope we learn more when Cort interviews him, too. 5 videos on ME CFS Alert you tube channel, that is really great! Sarah
  5. S

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

The Norwegian researchers seem to be very strict in their analytic methods, and I applaud that. May others follow their lead. Tom has figured out how to compare what they did with the work of less strict analyses, which is useful for us who have had years of reading those papers. It would be...
  6. S

Article: In or Out? Four Organizations on the Precipice in the Last Day of the Chase Contest

The Chase Community Fund clock, that showed when I cast my last vote & on the leaderboard, was counting to noon eastern time. I had thought it was to midnight. But another look at the rules shows 11:59 am, which is just before noon. Glad I did not put off my last votes to Tuesday afternoon...
  7. S

Article: Two Weeks for $250,000 (or more) for CFS Support Groups with Chase Community Giving (Nov 8

Yes, we CAN vote now. I cast 5 of my 10 votes just now. Chase keeps track of the groups I selected. That is very handy, given the low quality of my memory. The other 5 votes I will select in a day or two. We really have to get a lot of people voting!
  8. S

Learning CFS: the Lerner Antiviral Treatment Trial Succeeds

thanks so much for this story Thanks for the link to the complete paper. Lerner tested his patients for viruses, then used antivirals to treat them, while monitoring all patients very closely -- every 4 weeks. The effectiveness of the treatment varied, depending how many viruses were...
  9. S

Comment by 'SarahLaBelle' in 'Taking Back the CFSAC'

CFSAC has been a visible and useful forum. We had a Congressional investigation back in 1999 or thereabouts. Some funding was restored. But we have no John Porter now & no single pressing question of malfeasance. The staff person who turned into a block to progress was moved out of his job...