• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Clarification on E. Coli

Hi there, Can any of you folks help me with some insights? GI map stool test came back with high levels of pathogenic Enterotoxigenic E. coli LT/ST. The part I'm confused on is that it sounds like it's common/normal for E. Coli to inhabit the large intestine. Is there good e. coli and bad e...
  2. C

methyl guard causing muscle pain

Hey, just wanted to post an update to this. You were right on the money about oxidative stress. I ended up checking sed rate and c reactive protein. CRP was elevated. Then I did a urine amino acids profile. Oxidative stress off the charts. Lots of problems there. Multiple elevations...
  3. C

hey there, thanks for the info! I took very little, cause I've learned over the years how sensitive I am. Apparently, I still don't have a grasp on how sensitive I am. ; o ) I took one capsule, diluted down in 8 oz of water. I think the first day I drank 1 oz, then the second day I got...
  4. C

Hi guys, Well, I think I've practically come full circle from about 6 years ago. Doc suggested I try methyl guard as we were targeting these symptoms (brain fog, chemical sensitivities, fatigue) Alertness and fatigue lifted somewhat, but in it's place I got muscle pain (some spasticity too)...
  5. C

folinic acid - flu like symptoms?

Hi all, I got my 23and me results back and have been trying to make sense of the whole thing. 15 years into this nightmare and I thought I've gotten pretty comfortable picking up the medical terminology, but I'm having a hard time piecing together this mutation stuff. I decided to give a...
  6. C

vitamin d intolerant and other problems, would appreciate any advice

I have done a bunch of these tests. The genova test found nothing wrong. The first metametrix test suggested that I had problems with fungus and bacteria. I'd have to go back and look. Indican was high. And some measurement for candida was high. I repeated it again at a later time and then...
  7. C

Hi rlc, What you mention in your last thread could be what's going on with me. Every time I start even a low dose of 400 iu, the next day, my jaw will kind crack/snap once or twice and then there is this gritty sound like sand rubbing together. I wonder if what is happening is the opposite...
  8. C

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have low bp, it's pretty much normal. I'm 35. In terms of weight, I'm a male, 5'5, 135 lbs. So no one would say I'm overweight, I look thin as a rail. Except all my fat is going to my abdominal area. Take away the abdominal weight and I would probably be...
  9. C

Thank you for all the responses. At one point I did get both d 25 and d 125 checked. I will have to look up the numbers. The d 125 was in range (I think in the middle, will have to look it up) and the d 25 was low. d25 dropped down to 18 and started to go back up seems like when I went in...
  10. C

Yes, I just took d3 alone. Is that bad? I've tried b complexes those are also making me sick.
  11. C

Hi there, I really need some advice/help. I'm in big trouble. I'll try to keep it short. Had chronic fatigue for years, 10+ hours of sleep everyday, tired all day long, difficulty concentrating, memory problems, sugar cravings, joint stiffness, digestive issues, stomach bloating, tired...