• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. hmnr asg

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

This thread is pretty dead it seems. I just wanted to give an update. After LDA pooped out I switched to Rexulti, it did nothing for me. After that I'm currently on Vraylar (same family as abilify and rexulti) and I think maybe its helping me 2%. Not all that useful :(
  2. hmnr asg

r/CFS is the biggest shithole I've ever seen

i left that subreddit because of these types of interactions, it's truly a dumpster fire
  3. hmnr asg

That is such a coincidence, I am switching to fluvoxamine as well! I am very scared it might have sedation as a side effect (which i cant afford). How are you doing with fluvoxamine? is it sedative? any help with the anxiety?
  4. hmnr asg

Filgotinib case studies

May I ask how you were able to get rinvoq ? I tried convincing my doctor but had no luck :(
  5. hmnr asg

Filgotinib (JAK1 inhibitor) future of CFS/ME treatment?

might have more side effects (not really sure) but i would give it a try myself if i could get a hold of it.
  6. hmnr asg

Filgotinib case studies

Wow how did you manage to convince your doctor to give you rinvoq ? I am trying to find a doctor who is willing to give it to me, but so far unsuccessfully. Thank you for sharing and thanks for keeping us updated on the results.
  7. hmnr asg

Terrible and expensive experience with Dr. Kenny De Meirleir

You are speaking of Judy Mikovits who wrote that damn XMRV paper, got thrown in jail and came out and ended up creating the "Plandemic" documentary: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/chronic-fatigue-researcher-jailed-controversy/story?id=15076224...
  8. hmnr asg

ideal computer setup in bed

Ops sorry I just deleted my post, but I guess yours included my main objection. When it comes to flexibility I found that you can just have a Microsoft surface pro or an iPad pro held by one of those tablet holders and then use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on your laptop. But that's just my...
  9. hmnr asg

Its hard to tell, i would doubt it, but why not restart abilify, if your symptoms go away you know it was the cause? Also did you quit cold turkey? its a good idea to stop slowly (titrate down).
  10. hmnr asg

Experience with Amantadine?

regarding modafinil: I tried it, it was terrible! Not only it didnt help me, it gave me insomnia. It truly sucks. I have also tried amantadine and memantine. Amantadine is actually good and gave me some focus, but I have read that you get desensitized to it so people seem to take it for a week...
  11. hmnr asg

What is the best sleep medication for CFS patients?

I really should have formulated my post differently. I should have asked : "do you believe any one particular sleep medication would be particularly appropriate for CFS patients, either from personal experience or just theoretically"... Or similarly: "is there a particular sleep med that you...
  12. hmnr asg

Thank you all for your responses. I took trazodone last night for the first time and I was able to sleep 8 hours for the first time in a while. When I was mild I used to sleep 10-12 hours, but now that I have entered moderate-severe territory my sleep is completely wrecked. But this helped (at...
  13. hmnr asg

oops :( sorry! Seems like I cant edit the option after creating them.
  14. hmnr asg

I am having the hardest time sleeping. I sleep 1 hour, then up 4 hours, then sleep 2 hours... its making my CFS much worse. I was wondering if any of the typical sleep meds could be useful for sleep and maybe as a bonus might help with CFS? (or at least not make it worse?)
  15. hmnr asg

I think you are right. Its just a desperate attempt. I have not much else on the horizon. Also their website gives a coupon so you only pay 5 bucks for a 90 day supply. So thats plenty of time to figure out if it works or not. But for sure the probability of it working is miniscule,
  16. hmnr asg

So it was working but you plan to stop it because of increased sweating and weight gain? I understand people have different priorities, but I would gladly take on an additional 300lb if I could 20% extra energy.
  17. hmnr asg

So I got the smallest dose, 0.25 mg Tablets. I would take half a tablet. I think I took it for about a month or so. The duration must have been multiple weeks since abilify didnt start working until the 2 week mark. But im 100% about the dose, which was half a 0.25mg tablet per day.
  18. hmnr asg

So i just wanted to mention my experiment with Rexulti and LDA+amisulpride to mitigate the Low Dose Abilify poop-out issue. Rexulti did nothing for me. Neither side effects nor any benefits. Just cost me a lot of money. Amisulpride by itself (when I wasnt taking LDA) made me feel very wired...
  19. hmnr asg

He said : I'm not sure if duloxetine plays a part here though. I had abilify poop out on me and I was also on duloxetine. Now I'm off duloxetine and trying again and still no benefits. It has pooped out regardless of duloxetine it seems.
  20. hmnr asg

Why are they taking amisulpride every other day ? That is strange since it has so much shorter half life than abilify. Someone also raised this issue on that thread as well. Maybe @Hip could shed some light behind the possible rationale there ?
  21. hmnr asg

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

Yes, but I was specifically wondering about scheduled medication like pregabalin. I dont think doxy or any non scheduled will really be a problem with law enforcement here in the US. But pregabalin? i think that could land me in jail if intercepted :( ps i just realized i probably wont notice...
  22. hmnr asg

Does anyone know what are the risks of ordering scheduled medication like pregabalin or modafinil from india or europe to the US? I feel like if you get busted you could go to prison. International shipping is more open to scrutiny, and the DEA loves to throw people in prison for anything. I...
  23. hmnr asg

i wish they had put a little note on top somewhere. i spent hours trying to figure out what im doing wrong lol:cry:
  24. hmnr asg

I tried edge and chrome and even tried a VPN with a server in Europe and it just takes me to the customer support page. Very weird , maybe it's just my account somehow has a problem. I have ordered with them before a few times without any issues.
  25. hmnr asg

Whats happening with goldpharma.com? I cant seem to be able to place an order. They just show their deals which is a few items but the search bar is gone. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  26. hmnr asg

Colchicine is one key for our recovery. Aussy study 2022 Long covid

Would celebrex be an option for the COX inhibitor half of this combo ?
  27. hmnr asg

What Are Your Most Amusing (Or Disconcerting) Brain Fog Experiences?

This might sound pretty crazy but its 100% true and I haven't told anyone because of how embarrassing it is. One night when I had to run an errand and I was particularly crashed, i went to the garage to get into my car and to drive to my destination. I opened the door and sat in the seat and...
  28. hmnr asg

When was your appointment? Maybe after my complaint they changed their policy ? Not only did I not get the breakdown ahead of time , when it was given to me on the spot to sign it was about 1000 lower than what they actually charged me. Also, two more questions: did you test positive on their...
  29. hmnr asg

Update2: One of the charges was successfully reversed. I believe KDM might be going after *me* now legally. I got an email from Annette Whittemore‌ ‌(the head of Whittemore Peterson Institute AKA WPI) saying that it is inappropriate for me to contact them regarding this issue and that they have...
  30. hmnr asg

In defence of diet and lifestyle

I was trying to illustrate the absurdity of their arguments with a thought experiment. My goal wasn't to ridicule. I'm genuinely sorry if I came across rude, I have been sick 14 years and I'm just tired of these types of posts. Ps the fact that you achieved remission with diet doesn't...